So apparently this just happened in Houston.

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
smwalker
Administration Staff

So apparently this just happened in Houston.

Post by smwalker »

Some local rapper seems to be behind it. Do not have the full story yet. From Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/commen ... ar_i_love/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hell yeah we put some brand new tyres on there, what u thought we was gon have him out there with bubbles in his tires and the thread showin? NO sir. Still got the sticker and the blue wash Some people might not understand what this means for us. But for a Law Officer to accept our culture like this?? This has never been done before. I'm not saying that all our problems will be solved by putting some Swangers on a patrol car. We are trying to bridge the gap in our community. It means a lot to us to have police officers accept our culture like this. And for the Head Honcho Precinct 1 Constable to embrace our culture means even more. It means that there is an effort being made in OUR HOOD to build a bridge- not a wall. Salute to Alan Rosen for excepting my #slabchallenge and bolting up his patrol car!! Thank u to @texanwirewheels and 2 Brothers for taking care of him. @the_precinct_one_constable @the_erica_davis #HoustonOiler
-Paul Wall
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Re: So apparently this just happened in Houston.

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Wow. Precinct 1 is a pretty big part of Houston, northwest of I59.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Innovative idea.... glad to see SOMEONE in a fleet management department has some Cojones!
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I was going to say Photoshop until I watched the video of it rolling. Pretty crazy but whatever works to open up communication in the local community I guess!
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

http://6abc.com/news/patrol-car-gets-tr ... -/1450520/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its really a shame that we in the street LE jobs have to go to these lengths to try to connect with people in the same communities that we have to work in. Where I work its nonstop with these types of events and then the massive backlash that happens after any actual police event including cell phone videos posted of us trying to arrest people etc, tons of stupid social media content that goes on and that now "requires" an official answer and followup work. Meanwhile on my way home I drive past probably 15 different "support local police" type lawn signs every day and the police are never called except to occasional alarms etc.

Worst part is that they used a Caprice for this...
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I do Like that wheel company's slogan:

If you aint pokin, you must be jokin.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

I saw that that yesterday and wondered if anybody on here had seen it. I'm glad no tax dollars were used, which is surprising in Houston.
I think something like this would be good outreach towards kids like the old DARE programs, but as far as general outreach I'm not sure, and it shouldn't even be needed.

On side note, I got pulled over awhile back for speeding, 93 in a 60. The cop was in a caprice also, starting asking me about my car, gave me a warning, and snapped a pic of the car with his cell.
As with just about all my encounters with police, and I had quite a few in my younger days (minor things) , I didn't act like an A-hole so there were no problems.
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

He probably took the picture to share with the rest of the patrol. He created a "wanted poster" :D.
The Omaha Police Department knows of my car, in a good way. I have a friend who is on the Traffic Division. We keep talking about getting my car on the test track. We still haven't figured out who chases who.
And, I've always have had a good rapport and respect for any law enforcement personnel. If I got caught for speeding, window tint, noise or "un-necessary display of horsepower" I deserved it. My reasoning was that I hadn't been caught all of the other times.
Earning the trust and respect of someone in the first 30 seconds of an encounter isn't easy. I know that I couldn't do the job of approaching an unknown person, (or persons) multiple times daily.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
iboughtonetoo

Post by iboughtonetoo »

You cant fully embrace that culture without hydraulics. Awaiting that video
2015 0 days in service. Carpet, factory SL delete. purch @ 86, nov 2016 hit 13000. yeah!
http://i.imgur.com/W52rR3H.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Video of her in action. Cant tell if it's trying to run a traffic break because all the cars behind start copying what the lead car is doing!

https://www.facebook.com/sucmemes/video ... 117104000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just Click "not now" on the pop up if you are not signed in to FB.

So confused.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White