Input needed - image storage

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

Input needed - image storage

Post by elc32955 »

Hi everyone!

I'm at the point now where we need to discuss a few things on how we want the system to work. The forums are set up and operating, but as you know they're not really condusive to storing a large amount of pictures. As we progress it'd be nice to have some image storage capability available to us I think. We have a few choices....

1) I can talk to my developer and see if he can find a good shareware/freeeware module for picture storage using our front page and existing servers.

2) We can do like some of the other forum sites and use a Flickr or other such off-site storage solution.

Suggestions, comments, thoughts from everyone?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
The Tech

Re: Input needed - image storage

Post by The Tech »

I am quite comfortable with using links to a photobucket account.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Input needed - image storage

Post by Navy Lifer »

I don't have much input on pictures. I do post them, but I've only mastered the thumbnail approach, which isn't really optimal.

I do have some other things to talk about and I'll post in a new topic about what I'm thinking.

Bill