Saw a newer Caprice in Long Beach.

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
harrisons13

Saw a newer Caprice in Long Beach.

Post by harrisons13 »

Sorry for no pics but I saw a new Caprice 14+ today in Long Beach headed down PCH that I normally don't see, it was headed toward the Haynes steam plant. It had EXEMPT plates and full wheel covers and tinted windows. No lights hidden behind the grille or windows. Anyone have any idea what city owns it or what it's used for? Driver was wearing a nice shirt and tie. Superviser car? Company car from the city?
1993 LDM Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon- Sold

1996 LDM Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon- Riviera wheels, tow pkg.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Saw a newer Caprice in Long Beach.

Post by smwalker »

I saw a silver one 14+ (had the mylink) in azusa, similar driver and plate , I pulled up to him asked him what agency he was with and he said the district attorneys office (I assume county) I told him take good care of it I am going to get it at the auction!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
harrisons13

Post by harrisons13 »

Hmm. I bet its from there or something like that! As of last year I'd always see a blue 9C3 but I don't see it anymore. Do you know where the attorneys office will auction them?
1993 LDM Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon- Sold

1996 LDM Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon- Riviera wheels, tow pkg.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ken Porter Auctions seems to be the go to place for cities in LA:
http://gsd.lacity.org/gsd_directory.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

County is a bit harder to nail down. Think they might do their own but cannot find a definitive answer.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White