Well...the unthinkable has happened to my Caprice

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
eagle-co94

Re: Well...the unthinkable has happened to my Caprice

Post by eagle-co94 »

Did they tell you what the extent of the damages are? It might be better for you to get paid for the damages, keep the car and use the check to buy another.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

twofi5e wrote:Well come to find out, my car is not totalled after all. Thank Goodness! I'll post updates when I get my car back. Should be within the next couple weeks. The accident happend on April 11th, so I am approaching the one month mark without my car. The insurance company seemed to take a rather large amount of time to determine whether or not the car was totalled. The phone call saying that it was fixable was about the best phone call I've received in awhile.
They probably spent most of that month trying to figure out what it was. I find that many insurance companies don't know much about the Chevrolet Caprice. Well, they do, until you mention that it's something from the 21st century, and NOT the 20th. :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
twofi5e

Post by twofi5e »

eagle-co94 wrote:Did they tell you what the extent of the damages are? It might be better for you to get paid for the damages, keep the car and use the check to buy another.
Just from looking at the car myself, I could tell that there was damage obviously to the door and fender, but also to the driver side suspension and steering. They mentioned all of this in their estimate for repairs. The body shop where my car is being repaird is managed by a personal friend who understands my passion for the car so he knows that I want everything to be fixed 100% and won't settle for less. The lengthy part of this whole ordeal is waiting on parts from Australia.
-Kase
Maryland
twofi5e

Post by twofi5e »

They probably spent most of that month trying to figure out what it was. I find that many insurance companies don't know much about the Chevrolet Caprice. Well, they do, until you mention that it's something from the 21st century, and NOT the 20th. :lol:

Lol yeah either that or they had to have a meeting to discuss whether or not they really wanted to spend the money to order all the parts and have them shipped from Australia. It's crazy to think how much money an insurance company spends when their insured driver is at fault. Oh well, as long as my car is fixed, I don't care what they have to spend.
-Kase
Maryland