Insurance question. Gray market car?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Silversled

Re: Insurance question. Gray market car?

Post by Silversled »

My $14K, 2014 Caprice is the most expensive car for me to insure and it is also my oldest car. Other than my Mini Cooper, the average cost of my other cars is over $85K! I asked my insurance agent to look into it. She reported that the VIN for the Caprice comes up as a fleet vehicle and has no ABS, no traction control, no airbags on record so after risk assessment, I'm paying out the butt.

I got a build sheet for GM showing that it has ABS, traction control and airbags and submitted it for their review and re-assessment. However my agent told me not to hold my breath on a reclassification of the car.
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Insurance rates are an algorithm of how many accidents and how costly they were.

These are police cars.. get in tons of accidents and are expensive to repair. That’s why insurance on them is so expensive. Camaros are usually more to insure than corvettes because camaros are statistically in more accidents than corvettes. Which makes sense. Younger people wanting a fast car get a camaro because it’s cheap, younger men have a lot more accidents and pile on speed, creates a lot of wrecks with high costs. A ton of corvettes hardly ever get driven so they aren’t involved in accidents.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

you are all getting the run around, my 2011 is least expensive for full coverage of all our vehicles including 16 year old jeep GC. State farm had zero issues with the vin# coming up correct or anything about equipment