Rev limited

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
indianajoe

Re: Rev limited

Post by indianajoe »

Jtcaprice wrote: Have to open and closethe door about 10 times while toggling the ignition. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I cant comment on an actual fix for this, but my car recently started doing this, and its 100% door actuator, so cycling the ignition isn't helping (sometimes you might notice if you open the door and the dome lights don't come on) what usually work for me in one go is to push against the door panel with my elbow right at the end of the door panel and to pull the handle a little quicker than you usually would (don't rip it off lol) 60% of the time it works 100% of the time

I really need to fix this too, so if anyone has an idea besides buying a new actuator assembly I'd love to hear it too
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

Thanks for pointing me in a potentially helpful direction dude. Greatly appreciate it.
thirdgenfarmer

Post by thirdgenfarmer »

I don't know if either of you have tried this, but sometimes the wires between the door and the car are actually cut/exposed and can cause a handful of electrical issues. For me it manifested as a drivers door lock that wouldn't actuate electronically (had to manual lock/unlock with key).

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thread shows some photos of the torn wires between the door and door jamb. It may not be a problem, but its fairly easy to pop the boot out and check for broken wires. Could save yourself some headache.
2011 9c1

"It's got a cop motor, a 364-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks..."
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

That's a really good point. I already see that there's wires that used to be for sirens and aux lights that were just left cut. I suspect that's where the issues are coming from. Didn't think to check there though.
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

By the way, I appreciate that link and the advice. I will be doing some work on the car probably Sunday to seewhat I can find.