Dome Light Inoperative Function

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
gossensd89

Dome Light Inoperative Function

Post by gossensd89 »

Hey Everyone,
I recently bought a 12 Caprice and my dome light does not turn on when the door is opened. I have pushed the "door" button and tried several time but nothing worked. I saw in the owners manual the there is a Dome Light Inoperative Function that could be activated, which makes having the light go on with the door impossible.

I have contacted dealers and searched online and have found no fixes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Dome Light Inoperative Function

Post by smwalker »

First check your SPID label for option 7Y6 . If you got it then it has been programmed off in the BCM. Dealer or Chris White can turn it back on.

If you do not have the option then start checking the wiring for a cut but chances are it may have been programmed off.

Search the forum for " 7Y6 " you can see a few discussions on what people have found.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Craig2011

Post by Craig2011 »

My 2011 did not have the 7Y6 option, but the dealer was able to activate the dome light. It is in a sub program where they turned on the daytime running lights.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Craig2011 wrote:My 2011 did not have the 7Y6 option, but the dealer was able to activate the dome light. It is in a sub program where they turned on the daytime running lights.
It would be nice to get the dome light to work, but I'd hate to have DRLs enabled.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

CrashTestDummy wrote:
Craig2011 wrote:My 2011 did not have the 7Y6 option, but the dealer was able to activate the dome light. It is in a sub program where they turned on the daytime running lights.
It would be nice to get the dome light to work, but I'd hate to have DRLs enabled.

They are different options. When programing the BCM, it will ask a question for each.

When you check your BCM calibration at https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it asks the same questions that will appear when you go to program using SPS. It will build that part of your calibration according to how you answer
dome.png
dome.png (82.52 KiB) Viewed 4424 times
drl.png
drl.png (110.12 KiB) Viewed 4424 times
summary.png
summary.png (116.98 KiB) Viewed 4424 times
gossensd89

Post by gossensd89 »

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I am going to head to a dealer Saturday and see what they can do. I have talked to several of service guys there, and they had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully, when I bring the car in and show them this info, they can help.

Drew