2014 caprice Ppc build

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
AndrewPearce11

2014 caprice Ppc build

Post by AndrewPearce11 »

Hey guys,

I recent acquired a 2014 caprice that has been wrecked in the front end. The previous owner had removed the whole 6.0 engine and transmission from the car as well as Engine cradle and dog house. My buddy has a 2012 caprice that has had flood damage but has everything except the driver’s side quarter panel.

My question is: Can I take everything from the 2012 (doghouse, cradle, drivetrain, front bumper) and put it onto the 2014?
Now I know the interior had been updated between the 2013-14 years but will everything work mechanically? I also know that during that year they change the transmission shifter to be on the steering column rather than on the console.

Please let me know if this is worth it. I’ve been trying to get my hands on a caprice for a while now and it would be nice if all of this worked.
Attachments
62E02193-69A3-458A-9EEF-BEBE446C3E9D.jpeg
62E02193-69A3-458A-9EEF-BEBE446C3E9D.jpeg (227.91 KiB) Viewed 5768 times
xcidmigs

Re: 2014 caprice Ppc build

Post by xcidmigs »

Would seem like you have pretty much everything there to make it work, no big mechanical changes that I can think of, not sure about the years on the steering changing over to the electric version but should be doable regardless. The PCM/TCM and the vin# matching would be my only concern just for future service or sale purposed.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The Cradles may differ because of the electric power steering on the 14's. the racks mount in the same place but not sure of the bolt pattern. So if you wanted to go with electric power steering that may be a mounting issue. Or if you wanted to go with hydraulic and just not plug the 14 wires in you would get some error messages I would imagine.

And do not expect the 12 wiring harness to work with the 14's completely different architecture.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
AndrewPearce11

Post by AndrewPearce11 »

Ok cool, I think I’m going to give it a shot. Pretty much the only thing that I will be missing is the drivers side panel.

I’ve been looking around and it seems like everything will bolt up the same. I’ll know more when I have the two cars side by side.

If anyone has any concerns or thinks I will run into any major issues please let me know