9C1 to 9C3 Conversion - who has done one?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
CapriceBTR1

Re: 9C1 to 9C3 Conversion - who has done one?

Post by CapriceBTR1 »

I have a similar question. I bought a wrecked 2014 with the intent of swapping the interior into my 2011. The door panels and dash look nothing like mine though. It's almost as if it's a 9C3 interior in a 9C1 car. It has column shift but the window switches were removed before I got it so I have no idea if stuff will swap over. It also has a Havis console so no switches there either. Door panels and dash almost look leather trimmed which adds to my confusion.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 9C1 to 9C3 Conversion - who has done one?

Post by smwalker »

No, Will not want to do that. Electrical architecture is completely different from 11 to 14. YOu would basically have to do the entire car and all you would end up with is striped down 14 interior.

I am doing a similar project but taking a 15 ss and swapping everything over to a 14 PPV Chassis. After 14 they are similar. What I would not attempt is a 15 SS into a 11-13 chassis as 14 was the big submodel change from WM to WN
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White