How to buy.

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
choptop

How to buy.

Post by choptop »

Talking to my brother yesterday, he has a dealers license, about the possibility of bidding on a caprice. I'm not sure if I would rather buy from someone who has bid, bought, detailed and fixed a purchased one or take my chances on bidding, sight unseen and take my chances. Are their sites were you can bid on them... Or possible keep my eyes open on the forum for a member that is ready to sell.
Cumminsmannow

Re: How to buy.

Post by Cumminsmannow »

Where are you and how far are you willing to go to get one?
2012 caprice 9c1
2017 jku
2004 gr prix dd/beater
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

If your brother has a dealers lic he can access auctions the rest of us can't . So he can get access to cars that have been trading in on something else and the trading dealer sends them to auctions. He can also have access to copart and other insurance auction cars that are wrecked (fixable) and only dealers can buy.

If he is willing to help you have him start the hunt.

No guarantees you will automatically be exposed to a greater quality of car in the market, each one still needds to be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

What are you looking for exactly?
2016 C1