coded vs uncoded key

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
s/c'd cav

Re: coded vs uncoded key

Post by s/c'd cav »

smwalker wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:56 pm They did not give much info in that listing but one thing you need to look out for is the key blank style.

It seems all the sellers on Ebay list our cars and the G8 as compatible with a HU43 key blade. When in reality our cars and the G8 come with a GM45 key blade. Slight difference so maybe they are compatible and will work either way but I am not sure so I just thought I would point it out. Seems the HU43 came factory in the GTO's so not sure if the sellers are just assuming compatibility in later years with all Pontiac's from AU??

http://i.imgur.com/UZNOk89.png

gto's use a fixed key blade that is held in by 2 screws to the tortoise shell remote
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

They may use a different style head but they used a HU43 Blade correct?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

not the best pic , the 2 outters say GM57 , and ive got no history on those keys , the center ive had since 06

the 57s have smaller notch on the non-cut side , but as far as i know the blade was the same 04-06 , the 57's are from 2 05s
Attachments
DSCF1325.JPG
DSCF1325.JPG (3.29 MiB) Viewed 4416 times
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Does anyone know where the immobilizer is (or should be) in the attached picture? My car starts with just the "part with key blade" which makes on think the immobilizer is on that part but I can't find where it is. I've picked and probed the part but to no avail. My research indicates it is likely very close to the base of the blade of the key. I suppose a previous owner may have taped one inside the steering column (column shows evidence of disassembly).
I'm all hung up on getting a flip key working mostly b/c I really want remote start capabilities.... I understand I need BCM work among other things (like a new key fob). Maybe I'll just buy the 50 dollar set mentioned in previous post and roll the dice.
Attachments
disassembled key Caprice.jpg
disassembled key Caprice.jpg (5.75 MiB) Viewed 4402 times
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Few pics of me grinding it out here:

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =958#p8657
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Holy cow! Perfect. Just what I was looking for. Thanks - John.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio