Leather Steering Wheel Conversion Kit.

Q & A with the Holden Parts guru himself, Paul Sadler. Archive for old topics only, business is now closed.
Forum rules
This business venture is currently on hiatus. No new orders for parts are able to be placed at this time, nor is this site being monitored by the vendor. Forum is locked, discussion topics are left active for reference purposes. Unfortunately we have no idea at this time when the business will again be accepting orders.
Crazy Paul

Leather Steering Wheel Conversion Kit.

Post by Crazy Paul »

2011 PPV.
Several different versions of leather wheel are available depending on your budget.

If you currently have a one piece plastic wheel then to convert to leather you'll need:
a) Leather steering wheel
b) Set of steering wheel spoke covers
c) Rear shroud for steering wheel
d) Set of switches (smaller than your current ones) with white illumination. 2011 spec.

You can re-use your current Chev logo Airbag.
I do have a good condition used 2011 Holden logo airbag available as part of a complete package.
K9Vic

Re: Leather Steering Wheel Conversion Kit.

Post by K9Vic »

How much for just the used airbag, I already have a G8 wheel. That changing the cap never worked.
You can PM me with price if you need to.
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

K9Vic wrote:How much for just the used airbag, I already have a G8 wheel.
I'm not interested in shipping the airbag by itself. I'll wait and try to sell the complete kit as per the picture.
I can't believe so many people are content with the plastic one piece wheel.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Understand on keeping it a complete kit.

I have been changing out to leather steering wheels for a long time with my police package vehicles. I hate those plastic wheels, they just suck.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Okay, so now that I have one of these wheels on our car, I'm wondering about additional mods. What wheel is this? Is it compatible with a G8 wheel, that is, the trim, etc., or is a specific upgrade for the Caprice body?

Thanks.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

The wheel from CP may or may not be common with G8, but I think there were 3 different leather wheel variants for G8--a round wheel, as shown, and one with a semi-flat bottom, offered on G8 GT, and G8 GXP got it's own wheel with more pronounced grip contours and a more pronounced flat bottom. Other than the airbag, I don't think there's any difference in a Holden Caprice wheel and a G8 wheel.

The controls from a PPV will transfer into a G8 wheel--I've done it, and I'll assume others have as well. The outer trim shroud (front/painted) that matches the PPV interior for a leather wheel changeover is not available in the US, and I recall that it's called Platinum....so it needs to come from CP
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Okay. I was looking at the Maverick Man carbon fiber trim for the wheel. Thought that would look nice. While I can probably spend my hard earned bucks on better mods, this would probably look nice from the driver's seat.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

For the cost why not just wrap the wheel and any other trim pieces you want in carbon fiber wrap? would look the same and protect what you have there already as a bonus for later
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I could, but am concerned about the vinyl coming up when heated. It gets stupid hot here in the summer. Does the vinyl stay put?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

well i have numerous cars that have exterior vinyl wraps that sit outside all day long in summer, no peeling.. so inside would seem easier....