pins for shifter and bcm connectors

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
indianajoe

pins for shifter and bcm connectors

Post by indianajoe »

Anyone on here know where to get the pins that go in the shifter and bcm connector?

I had chris white reprogram my car for tapshift, but i havent gotten around to actually redoing the wiring in the bcm and the shifter connector

I feel like I've seen it on here before but i can't seem to find it, what pins need to get added where in the bcm connector to enable tapshift?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: pins for shifter and bcm connectors

Post by smwalker »

So I put the Shifter Connector picture here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1447&p=12688&hilit=pinout#p12688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BUt I did not include any terminal info. Is that the connector you need it for?

And I can post the BCM terminal numbers as well.

EDIT: I see there are a couple of different terminals in the BCM plugs. You know what position you need?

OK so here is the connector information for the 11 caprice auto trans shifter. I do not think I posted it before because it does not have any terminal information.:

But I think this is the same type of connector and terminals as the police harness uses. If I am correct the good news is you already have some terminals connected to some of those wires on the police harness that you are not using so you can just remove them and use the 6 foor length of wire with the connector already attached. Then just connect the proper BCM terminal to the other end.

SO to confirm the 2011 shifter connector is 7283-7087 The description on that is: 090 II 8P SUB ASSEMBLY

From this thread on the glove box connector that I have confirmed is the same terminals as the police harness it shows the connector description as:

090 II series 15 way - female

And the part number as 7283-1150. As you see the first 4 numbers are the same. From my hours of searching for terminals I have noticed the first 4 numbers are the "family" of connectors and the second 4 numbers signify connector design. IF you notice the middle numbers of the second group conform to how many positions the connecter is:

Glove box 15 way - 1150
Trans shifter 8P (8 position) - 7087

The other 2 important pieces if info in those 2 descriptions are

090 - That is the Yazaki 090 series of terminals - Link to Yazaki Catalog
II - Series 2

Confused enough? Go pull a non used wire from your police harness extension harness and give it a try on the shifter connector.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

So If I show you this Wiring Diagram tell me whats missing on your car:

On the Shifter connector look in positions 1 and 4 those are the two that need to be there:

Position 1 Purple Wire
Position 4 Purple / Red wire

The Purple Wire (circuit 1375) would then go in to the 17th position on the X1 plug of the BCM

The Purple/Red wire (circuit 5526) would go to position 20 of the X1 plug on the BCM

BCM X1 Plug (The X1 plug is green in color, each BCM plug 1 through 7 is a different color):

The terminal release tool for the small BCM terminals is GM Part Number 12094429 Listed in the service manual as: J-38125-12A

And an instruction sheet on how to remove them is: https://www.mouser.com/catalog/addition ... 094430.pdf

So in the listing the circuit numbers and wire colors are correct but I am not sure why it says "Remote radio control voltage"

Seems you would need terminals 7166-3427-02. That looks like a Yazaki number but I am not seeing any in their catalog. Have to find it by "Family"
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Another X1 BCM pinout listing lists "Terminated Lead: 13575259"

And that comes up as a GM part number with a description of "Wire"

Here is a GM Parts Listing - If I had a to bet I bet that is a wire lead with the proper BCM terminal on it to do BCM wire repairs. You take that and do a solid butt connection to the wire from your police harness with the correct terminal to go into the shifter and you would be in business. Maybe.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

i know theres a place online that sells them i cant remember the same connector something i believe. i got mine from a dealer.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

greasychevy wrote:i know theres a place online that sells them i cant remember the same connector something i believe. i got mine from a dealer.

Yea if all else fails see a dealer they have about 7 trays of connectors for all GM vehicles. They will sell you a few. Maybe they might even crimp it onto a length of wire if they are feeling generous.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

My plan is to move the Sport mode wire from X2/20 in the bcm to X1/20, and on the shifter connector move it to position 4.
This seems to be the only thing connected to this circuit that I have seen looking at the wiring diagrams.

For the wire for shifter position 1, I plan on using the end of Brown/Orange wire that was in position 3 for the traction control button, when I added the 9C3 console switch, I cut that end off long enough that I can solder new wire to it to tap into the 1375 circuit that goes to X1/17, with is 12v refereence voltage. I just have to figure out where.

I haven't looked at J218 yet, will I need a terminal to connect there, and if so, any idea what one?
Last edited by 91C02920 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

91C02920 wrote: I haven't looked at J218 yet, will I need a terminal to connect there, and if so, any idea what one?
For General Motors schematics I believe they follow this rule. "J" are for Junctions, meaning just a splice together within the harness. This is usually done with a solder joint and some super hard tape.

Any Time you see an "X" before a number that is a connector.

The car is split up into quadrants and all the junctions and connectors in that area are given a number. That is an easy way to narrow them down and pinpoint the one you want in the service manual. I will see if I can find a diagram of it.

Since J218 is right after the BCM and it goes to the cruise control I would say that wire goes to the cruise control stalk so the junction is somewhere in the dash. I probably can find a diagram of where J218 is but they are really hard to see accurately, better just to follow the harness and you can usually find it. Will see what I can find.

IN the steering column:

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

Thanks!
For General Motors schematics I believe they follow this rule. "J" are for Junctions, meaning just a splice together within the harness. This is usually done with a solder joint and some super hard tape.
If its just a splice, it doesn't sound worth it to get to it in the column. I'll probably spice the wire close to the bcm then.
Another X1 BCM pinout listing lists "Terminated Lead: 13575259"
And that comes up as a GM part number with a description of "Wire"
Here is a GM Parts Listing - If I had a to bet I bet that is a wire lead with the proper BCM terminal on it to do BCM wire repairs. You take that and do a solid butt connection to the wire from your police harness with the correct terminal to go into the shifter and you would be in business. Maybe.
I saw part no 13575870 for the BCM leads in alldata, and ordered that. It is a terminal with a lead. For the X1/17, now I think I'll just the old terminal off, and butt the existing and new wire to the new lead there, instead of undoing the J218 splice in the column.

smwalker
Administration Staff

BCM connectors and terminal pins info

Post by smwalker »

Looking for our mirror connectors I came across what appears to be our BCM Connectors. Made by JST:

JST HIT 0.64 and 2.8mm Connector Line

EDIT: Further research shows these terminals from JST are also used in the 2014+ BCM's.
Here is a listing of the X1 BCM plug on a 14+ Car:

As you can see under "Service Terminal" column the part numbers match to the part numbers in the PDF link above. Most things we will modity will use the 0.64 size wires. The larger 2.8 are like ground and power feeds so you should not need those.

Stick with part numbers:
SNAC3-A021T-M0.64 - Small WIre
Or
SNAC3-A031T-M0.64 - Medium Wire

The other are for super small wires - hard to work with.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White