airbag sensor location

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
elmer91

airbag sensor location

Post by elmer91 »

Yesterday, was driving my 2012, and in the 20 minute drive, my airbag fault warning came on and off about 15 times. It was also raining, and it had done it a week ago to, when it was wet out. Im thinking maybe i have a loose connection on one of the sensors, as on the drive home last night, it didnt do it until I hit a rough spot in the road. Im just not sure where the sensors are exactly, or how many there are. Anyone know?
2012 9C1 Caprice PPV, totaled
2012 9C1 Caprice PPV, soon to have TSP LS3 stage 1 cam, DOD delete, solo axle back, rotofab CAI, tuned
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
1989 BMW 325i
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: airbag sensor location

Post by smwalker »

Well the Airbag light is really a light for all the restraint systems so could be your pretensioners, airbags, sensors, passenger detection. Get the codes read to narrow it down a bit. THey will tell you what system is at fault.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elmer91

Post by elmer91 »

i am trying to track down someone who has a good enough code reader. contacted the dealer, and they want $110 to just plug into my car. Pretty sure it has to do with a loos connection and it being wet out. drove all day today without the light coming on once.
2012 9C1 Caprice PPV, totaled
2012 9C1 Caprice PPV, soon to have TSP LS3 stage 1 cam, DOD delete, solo axle back, rotofab CAI, tuned
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
1989 BMW 325i
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

Well, this is weird. Usually when the airbag fault light illuminates for a fault it shouldn't turn off by itself. The issue has to be remedied for the code/light to be cleared. Now there can be an intermittent issue (bad connection, chaffing wires, etc...) and the code can be cleared (if the fault isn't present at that particular time) but again, the light shouldn't turn off by itself.

BTW that $110 is the labor rate (one hour's worth), Id argue to the dealer and make clear that the one hour should be used to diag the car too. Reading the codes takes 10 minutes.
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

My air bag warning would come on and off intermittently on the highway too. Same drive cycle - audible "ding, ding" air bag icon on display , then all good- icon off and all normal, then a min or so later and same thing again, . Had a friend w/ Snap on scanner look at it, was code for pass side pretensiomer. I had recently been to the dealer for the seat belt recall so I took it back to them. Was told they did find the history code but nothing was currently failed , we now have it on record bla bla bla...
I did see the tech fiddling around under the seat and suspect that the connector was not secure. The problem has mysteriously gone away since then.
I'd check the connectors under the seats for the seat belt pretensioners if I was you.
2011 9C1 6.0
RCR "Little Lunati" 219/223 .625/.625 112+0
Kooks headers, hi flow cats, Dynomax Super Turbos
Flex fuel tune