Switch needed

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
CrashTestDummy

Switch needed

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I bought the X-Force exhaust system from Jeff (Thanks, Jeff!). They have an adjustable valve in the mufflers so you can change the sound, and, apparently, adjust them so the drone isn't so bad in 4-cyl. mode. There's a $350.00 controller you can buy, and control the thing from an iDevice, but until I do that, I'm thinking I can probably do almost as well with a simple SPDT center-off switch. I doubt I'd mess with it much once things get adjusted.

That said, I'd like to find something that will look factory, or at least not stand out as an add-on. I was thinking a single power door lock, or power window switch might do the job, but those are usually kind of big.

Any thoughts on something elegant, that will also look nice? Thanks.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
No Moa

Re: Switch needed

Post by No Moa »

Regretting everyday not buying that the day he said or was for sale. Congrats!
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Heh, I kept giving you plenty of opportunity to do so! You don't know how long I hemmed and hawed about that!! My wife finally said to quit whining about it and buy it! :lol:

The OEM exhaust is about all on the car that shows it's early life up north, so I'm sure there would soon be the day when I spit a muffler out the back after that expansion joint finally rusted through. Can't wait to get the new exhaust under the car!!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

what dash/console switches do the SS's have that our cars do not?

You can try adding the seat heater switch and install it to the correct location. Im sure its a potentiometer type switch.

EDIT: NVM on the SS stuff, thought you had a newer one...sorry. So, in that case, what about G8 dash/console switches
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Heh, I kept giving you plenty of opportunity to do so! You don't know how long I hemmed and hawed about that!! My wife finally said to quit whining about it and buy it! :lol:

The OEM exhaust is about all on the car that shows it's early life up north, so I'm sure there would soon be the day when I spit a muffler out the back after that expansion joint finally rusted through. Can't wait to get the new exhaust under the car!!

You have a great wife there sir!!! Lol. I look forward to seeing the installed pics.
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

No Moa wrote:
CrashTestDummy wrote:Heh, I kept giving you plenty of opportunity to do so! You don't know how long I hemmed and hawed about that!! My wife finally said to quit whining about it and buy it! :lol:

You have a great wife there sir!!! Lol. I look forward to seeing the installed pics.
She'll probably be helping with the install, too!

Yes, I do.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

IndianaJoe had a funky rear view mirror that came with his car and replaced his with a G8 mirror, well what that gives you in the caprice is a few extra buttons not needed for the onstar system. Might be a good way to add some stealth buttons. Have to use some relays and such because I imagine those buttons cannot take much amps. But would be a neat way to handle it.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I saw this thread late.... here's what you need :)
launch_key.jpg
launch_key.jpg (60.53 KiB) Viewed 9677 times
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.