2013 Instrument cluster odometer reading on bench

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Sanford

2013 Instrument cluster odometer reading on bench

Post by Sanford »

Is it possible to power up an instrument panel/cluster on the bench without a major ordeal? I picked up a 2013 Caprice as an engine donor for the 2011 I have that needed an engine. The 2013 had the computer removed by the agency that was getting rid of it. I never tried powering up the car before I pulled the engine. I would like to see if I can get an odometer reading, which I am guessing is stored in the instrument panel. The agency stated that it had ~26,000 miles on it, but I would like to be able to show the next owner if I decide to get rid of it. Would also be nice to see how many hours are on it, but I have a feeling that info may be in the ECM. Any thoughts or ideas. I poked around a while on the net, but I did not see anything that I was comfortable trying.

David
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2013 Instrument cluster odometer reading on bench

Post by smwalker »

I could not find "caprice" on this list but I assume the G8 would be the same. Looks like it is stored in the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster).
Now how you would use the SPS (service programming system ) to do that I do not know. I would assume you would have to hook it to a vehicle to access the IPC. I have no idea though. Hopefully someone can chime in.

This may actually be a forbidden topic since we are getting close to talking about odometer tampering.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GTPprix

Re: 2013 Instrument cluster odometer reading on bench

Post by GTPprix »

If you want to just send it to us if all you need is odometer and hours we can do that on the house.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6