social media, Facebook, instagram?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
S13REMI

social media, Facebook, instagram?

Post by S13REMI »

I thought I made a thread for this already, but I couldn't find it. I already follow a few other Caprice owners (several from the middle east) but it would be nice to follow more. So i was thinking if you have an insagram or other social media, post your name and account info.
I know I often times will takes pictures and videos that I dont post here, just out of convienence.

Remington Heinrich
isntagram: S13remi
Facebook : search my name.
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
CrashTestDummy

Re: social media, Facebook, instagram?

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I'm a Luddite and don't do facepalm or the twidiotsphere. :lol:
Last edited by CrashTestDummy on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

:P :lol: :D BURN the Heretic..... with plenty of FIRE! yeah, FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! heh heh heh heh..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry folks, temporary insanity's now under control. I HATE data silos like Facebook. Never could understand why the Caprice discussion group over there is locked down for viewing by members only.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

I, for one, probably wouldn't post on there at all if it wasn't a closed group. I don't like the idea of polluting the news feed of everyone else I know with car stuff that they probably don't care about. The closed group aspect of it also cuts down a lot on the trolling and random crap posting that goes on. Of the car groups I've been a part of on facebook, it generally tends to be one of the more on-topic and focused groups.
-2011 Caprice 9C3: Mirage Glow Metallic, 63k miles
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
-1973 Firebird Formula, restoration in progress
-1986 K30 Suburban 8.1L/NV4500, the toy hauler and wheeler
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

elc32955 wrote::P :lol: :D BURN the Heretic..... with plenty of FIRE! yeah, FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! heh heh heh heh..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

<SNIP>
Burnout on the heretic?!? Now you're talking!! :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Actually, that's the first explanation anyone's offered as to why the Facebook group is locked. Thanks for providing that.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

I figured I'd get very mixed opinions in this thread. Im actually part of the facebook group. good bunch of guys and usually very on topic!
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

S13REMI wrote: I know I often times will takes pictures and videos that I dont post here, just out of convienence.
This is my big prob with using social media for car related stuff. None of that stuff you post will be searchable for anyone years later especially when you factor in the changes to the actual platforms, where as anything you are puttin on here or other legit forum groups will most likely survive 10+ years. How many of us out there have searched google for any type of general problem regardless of what car or even other stuff like how to fix your washing machine etc and been directed to a post on a forum thats 5-6 years old or more and has exactly your problem with a DIY solution, part number etc. Where's that photo you posted to myspace or whatever other place you posted with your cellphone on the fly because you are too lazy to sit down for a few minutes, login to something and do a decent response or write up. I come on here not only looking for what are people doing but to show what i did in case someone else cares about the same thing regardless if its today or 10 years from now when I'm likely long gone.
garrett

Post by garrett »

I'm on Instagram but that's it: @sugar_waterford
Arcticolds442

Post by Arcticolds442 »

My Youtube channel is MuletownSpeed. No Caprice vids yet buy I'm working on some.
2012 9C1 DD - stock for now
'72 Olds 4-4-2
'65 AMC Rambler - LQ4/T56 work in progress
"No Bucks Given" '84 VetteKart
'65 Cutlass