pins for shifter and bcm connectors

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
indianajoe

Re: pins for shifter and bcm connectors

Post by indianajoe »

so i finally got around to enabling this (i ended up getting a bcm pigtail out of a junkyard impala to harvest pins) i moved the tcs and sport mode female pins in the shifter connector to 1 and 4, (i'm rewiring those elswhere) but at x20 was i supposed to remove the wire that was in there or splice into it?

it sort of works, but nothing is shown on the DIC

and i think the car doesn't like it, i got on it a little bit in first with it in selectshift mode and it gor up near 5-6k (wasnt looking at the tach) and lurched, hard. not sure if it bounced off the limiter or something else
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

indianajoe wrote:so i finally got around to enabling this (i ended up getting a bcm pigtail out of a junkyard impala to harvest pins) i moved the tcs and sport mode female pins in the shifter connector to 1 and 4, (i'm rewiring those elswhere) but at x20 was i supposed to remove the wire that was in there or splice into it?

and i think the car doesn't like it, i got on it a little bit in first with it in selectshift mode and it gor up near 5-6k (wasnt looking at the tach) and lurched, hard. not sure if it bounced off the limiter or something else
Did we program your BCM for this?
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

Yes you did, it was a while ago though

Weve had a few email conversations about my vain attempts to get the dealers around me to turn on the remote start, and the last time they screwed up you mentioned the possibility of them messing up your work

Think it needs to be reprogrammed?
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

If they touched it after we did it more than likely yes.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

Your website says you're closed for another week, what kind of eta would I be looking at to have it checked out?

I actually was gonna send you an email about reprogramming it anyway because I have some aus market led taillights to hook up and I need the taillight splitting you did for Maurice
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

indianajoe wrote:so i finally got around to enabling this (i ended up getting a bcm pigtail out of a junkyard impala to harvest pins) i moved the tcs and sport mode female pins in the shifter connector to 1 and 4, (i'm rewiring those elswhere) but at x20 was i supposed to remove the wire that was in there or splice into it?

The only thing off X2 pin 20 is the sport mode button on the 9C1 shifter. I removed the bcm terminal from X2 pin 20 and moved it to X1 pin 20. In my car, this wire was grey for some reason even though the diagrams show TN for the color. On the shifter side, this was in position 5. I moved it over to position 4.

In my car, before I did this, there was nothing in X1 pin 20.It was empty. X1 of course being the first connector into the bcm, and X2 is the second. Nothing really to splice there, it should just be one wire going from X1 20 to pin 4 of the shifter when you are done. Nothing in X2 pin 20 when I was done.

The splice was done on X1 pin 17, as that also sends reference voltage to the cruise control. Tap into that and run a line to pin one on the shifter connector.
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

You're probably right about the pin numbers, but I had nothing in one (x20 I guess) and something in the other (x17) but I took the pin in x17 out and ran the wires from the shifter

Would leaving out the x17 pin make it not show on the display? I haven't tried cruise control since the install do I can't really check that
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

indianajoe wrote:You're probably right about the pin numbers, but I had nothing in one (x20 I guess) and something in the other (x17) but I took the pin in x17 out and ran the wires from the shifter

Would leaving out the x17 pin make it not show on the display? I haven't tried cruise control since the install do I can't really check that
It won't display on the cluster unless you get the cluster reprogrammed to display it. There is different programming for the cluster for a 9C1 vs a 9C3.

So you took the existing wire out of X1 pin 17 and ran a wire from the shifter to X1 pin 17? If you look at the 2nd post from smwalker on the first page of this thread, you see the X17 circuit 1375 goes to a junction where it is split to the shifter and the cruise control. Does your cruise control still work?
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

Haven't checked cruise yet, cars down for some other work right now too

I also noticed my tcs warning light is gone, been on as long as I've had the car. I'll have to try a burnout once it's back on the road
delta88

Post by delta88 »

im trying to follow this and need a little help.

Op is not only adding tap shift to a 9c12 but relocating the trac and sport buttons? Am I getting this right?

Also If you have a 9c1 and want to utilize tap shift after its been enabled one can harvest the wire and pins from other GM cars (someone said Impala?)

End game is I have this all turned on in the BCm and want to add the camaro paddles on the steering wheel.