Plasti-Dip

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
robbyburty

Plasti-Dip

Post by robbyburty »

Hey All!

Time for my first post.

Any of y'all try the plasti-dip paint method for your Caprices?

I understand that it is a fairly cost effective method to paint a car.

I started this thought process as I was checking the forum to see if anyone has changed the valance to the Commodore style. Also, if I were to add spoiler, and window deck, at some point it would be nice to have all the same color.

I probably could figure all this out on my own, but I figured I should dip my toe into the forum anyway. HA

Rob
xcidmigs

Re: Plasti-Dip

Post by xcidmigs »

I have not seen anyone here dip an entire exterior just trim parts but that said I'd done all the time around me here, mostly on older projects where the owner clearly doesn't have the funds to do a real paint job. Some are less than attractive, clearly done with spray cans. I have seen a few newer cars done at a tint shop clearly with more care, one was using a pearl top coat which gives a very cool matt chameleon effect. If you are serious about a DIY version look at the similar product sold by the eastwood company they have their own sprayer for it also.
robbyburty

Re: Plasti-Dip

Post by robbyburty »

Cool, I'll check them out.

I just like the idea of having different colored car every year or so. :-D

But at the end of it all, I doubt that I would do it more than once.