New 9C1 in WA

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Sokruhlica

New 9C1 in WA

Post by Sokruhlica »

Hello! Just recently picked up 2012 9C1 and this is my first post. Picked her up as retired State Patrol rig. Lived its life locally, running up and down the I-5 corridor. Seems to have been really well taken care of. Anyone know where to get a new or used front bumper cover? It's got some holes from the old push bar that I'm already sick of looking at!
Attachments
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 8026 times
CrashTestDummy

Re: New 9C1 in WA

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! You just have to search the various cars and parts for sale web sites to find a car that's been t-boned, or pasted in the back pretty hard. Good luck finding one without those slots, though. They're a pretty common mod.

Our black '12 had those slots, but I didn't see them until the car was delivered. They covered the holes with black vinyl tape, which did a pretty good job, initially. Time, car washings and rain hitting the tape at 70 MPH+ have taken their toll. I do have some thin surface-mount LED lights I'm planning to mount there that will serve as auxiliary lighting. I'll install them when I pull the cover off to install the foglights.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome!

Maybe a body shop can fill those in. Shouldn't be too hard for them.

Otherwise looks like a straight solid machine.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea body shops fill holes in bumpers all day long mainly because insurance companies won't pay for new ones any longer unless the hole is bigger than your head.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White