SS Sedan Steering Wheel Installation

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
PPV4ME

SS Sedan Steering Wheel Installation

Post by PPV4ME »

Hey guys,

I have successfully installed an SS steering wheel part number 92276592 in my 2014 Caprice. It is a direct bolt on install for 2014-2017. It does have a couple extra buttons in the left switch bezel so if that bothers you, the switch from your original wheel could be transferred. It also has paddle shifters. Before I plugged this in I confirmed that the part numbers for a 2014 SS and 2014 Caprice clock spring are the same. You will need 1 or 2 small allen wrenches or picks to release the airbag and a T50 bit for the retaining bolt. No puller is required and the wheel is splined so it can only go on one way. I had mine done in less than a half hour. I really enjoy the sporty look and feel. The perforated leather matches the dash and door panels perfectly. The original wheel is in the first picture, the bottom two are the SS wheel. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Collin
Attachments
old.jpg
old.jpg (203.97 KiB) Viewed 18896 times
new.JPG
new.JPG (98.59 KiB) Viewed 18896 times
new2.JPG
new2.JPG (100.78 KiB) Viewed 18896 times
s/c'd cav

Re: SS Sedan Steering Wheel Installation

Post by s/c'd cav »

did you buy the wheel new ? when i checked on it yesterday my dealer showed nothing for the 14-17 steering wheel , no price , no stock , gm parts direct did show a part # and price

looks good , im planing to do the same

did the paddles happen to work ? im guessing we need to send parts out to make it all work , i know i gotta send stuff to chris white any way
PPV4ME

Post by PPV4ME »

s/c'd cav wrote:did you buy the wheel new ? when i checked on it yesterday my dealer showed nothing for the 14-17 steering wheel , no price , no stock , gm parts direct did show a part # and price

looks good , im planing to do the same

did the paddles happen to work ? im guessing we need to send parts out to make it all work , i know i gotta send stuff to chris white any way
I work at a GM dealership, I found the part number easily and bought it new. The paddle shifters much to my dismay did not work. I was hoping dropping it into L would activate the paddles, it did not. At this point, there are multiple dealerships and Lansing, MI warehouse has some of them so you should have no problem acquiring one. Let me know if you need assistance getting one.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

ill give him the part # and have him double check it , it was odd to him that it came up blank

since ive got a friend with a 15 SS auto , we used his VIN to get things moving
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

The wheel looks nice . I like the thickness of it . I like it better than the G8 wheel I have to get for my 2011 .
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Gerome wrote:The wheel looks nice . I like the thickness of it . I like it better than the G8 wheel I have to get for my 2011 .
you know there is a few options for a better steering wheel for the G8's which means the 11-13's ? the gxp wheel , and the hbd wheel are flat bottom and thicker wheels than the GT and GT sprot wheels

karo @ holden parts usa sells the hbd wheel , i had it in my old G8 loved it
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

s/c'd cav wrote:
Gerome wrote:The wheel looks nice . I like the thickness of it . I like it better than the G8 wheel I have to get for my 2011 .
you know there is a few options for a better steering wheel for the G8's which means the 11-13's ? the gxp wheel , and the hbd wheel are flat bottom and thicker wheels than the GT and GT sprot wheels

karo @ holden parts usa sells the hbd wheel , i had it in my old G8 loved it
Yep looking at that option . I like the look of that flat bottom steering wheel . Just have to pony up the cash for one .
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

better hurry parts are getting harder to get , and costs are going up :(
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

Just got mine on yesterday, love it!!! We need to find a way to get the flappy paddles to work, im sure its some sort of coding within the TCM to tell it that "its there".
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
wa9ray

Post by wa9ray »

I am wanting to do the same, I emailed Chris White here on the forum, he said he didn't think it would be a problem. As many on here know he is moving his business to a new location so at least I will wait for him. If anyone else has an idea please share. :)
Ray

2014 ppv