Searching...

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Navyvet84

Searching...

Post by Navyvet84 »

New member, still searching for my caprice! Might have found one, looking to buy in Sept. Fingers crossed! Expect a ton of questions soon!!!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Searching...

Post by smwalker »

Welcome! Searching is half the fun!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navyvet84

Post by Navyvet84 »

Indeed it is! Couple white ones at Chicago Motors I'm considering...
Navyvet84

Post by Navyvet84 »

Leaving this here for now, will make build threads later!
Interior to-do:
Braum Elite seats
G8 console *going to wire the center window switch so it's operational*
ZL1 steering wheel *just happen to have a 2012 one*
Alcantera headliner *got a few rolls, can't decide final color*
5% tint on sides, 50% on windshield *very good reason, I'll elaborate later*
Rear view mirror with 3.5" display for rear cam
Radio reprogram by Mr. White whenever he's fully moved
Re-cusion and upholster rear seats *got a great interior guy*
Carpet *again, interior guy will do from scratch*
Update speakers

Exterior:
Paint correction, polish, and Opti-coated *ceramic coating, think "super clear coat"*
Paint match mirror caps
3-M Satin Black wrap all chrome
Chevy Bow-Tie removed from grille/trunk
Black Holden Lion's in place of removed Bow ties
"Pursuit" Badge across from "Caprice" on trunk

Suspension:
King springs for 1" drop
Full bushing and motor/trans mount inspect/replace

Performance:
Dod delete
Very mild cam, just want reliability
Kooks headers, custom piping to stock mufflers
Custom tuning

I'll add to this as I think of more things. I'm still looking for one, but I know it has to be a 2012, white *at least it's not a rare color* with the wrap around Setina pusher. Luckily there are 2 such cars at Chicago Motors, so just need to find an inspector to go take a peek in the next few weeks.

Can't wait to get one and start making it mine! Build threads to follow!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Don't forget the sway bars, and search the suspension section for some nice factory upgrades for existing suspension parts, like the Camaro ZL1 rear LCA.

Oh, and welcome! ;)
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navyvet84

Post by Navyvet84 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but a ZL1 rear/LCA's/sway is for wheel hop, and this car will NEVER be driven in any way where wheel hop will never rear its ugly head...

A little background on myself and why this won't be a performance build: I've owned a 2012 ZL1, 2014 ZL1, 2008 Dodge Viper *heavily modified for road course racing*, and about 6 liter bikes that I raced off and on.

Long story short: I don't need another performance orrientated car. This is strictly replacing my 2008 P71, and will be modified for comfort and reliability. This car will be making the Seattle to Portland drive about 4 times a week *6 hour round trip* and I needed a car that would be LIKE a P71, but better. It needs to still look like a trooper, as it will be parked at night in downtown Portland. Again here's where that super "illegal" tint comes in! I've found if tweekers can't see inside and it looks like a cop: they try another car.

I've always had a P71, and honestly it WAS my favorite road trip car, but it's dated and I just am in LUST with the Holden lol!
Navyvet84

Post by Navyvet84 »

Oh and to be 100% clear, the ONLY reason it needs to LOOK like a trooper is strictly so the meth-heads don't try and steal my battery. Laugh all you want but I've had my battery stolen on my 2015 F250 that was locked 2 times now. I left the crown Vic unlocked all the time, never had a pack of gum stolen, lol.

Up here in WA state, almost all the troopers drive Caprices with wrap around setinas, and it seems EVERYONE knows the crown Vic has pretty much been retired from all the precincts around here, so my P71 was getting another kind of admirer: the wild meth head...

As I'm sure anyone who's seen Breaking Bad knows, H2SO4 is needed in the production of crystal meth, which is found in car batteries *sulfuric acid* so big heavy duty service batteries like the beauties in police package vehicles are quite attractive to the low life tweekers up here...

So yeah just to clear that up right now, not trying to play cop, just tired of buying $300 batteries!
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Good luck with Chicago motors.

In my case I wanted my car to NOT look like a cop car so no one put a bullet in my ear at a stop light. Just MY preference. :P

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Below is a link to 6 Caprices in Tumwater Washington, if you don't mind bidding on one.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=M ... rchPg=Main

David
Navyvet84

Post by Navyvet84 »

camrat68 wrote:Good luck with Chicago motors.

In my case I wanted my car to NOT look like a cop car so no one put a bullet in my ear at a stop light. Just MY preference. :P

Jim
Spend any time in the box? Hard to sneak up on paranoid vets, lol! But on a serious note, I don't give a damn what cowards these days are doing, I damn sure ain't living my life out of fear. Besides the joke is on them, they'll get the chair for NOT killing a cop, I'll be laughing at the irony in hell waiting for him ;)