Radio programming.

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
philofab

Radio programming.

Post by philofab »

Hi, I purchased a 2012 9C1 yesterday and I'm already modding it.

I've ordered everything I need for cables but I still need to reprogram the radio. Looks like Chris' shop will be closed for another month and I don't really want to wait. Any other options in the US? Is there a way for me to reprogram with Tech2 or maybe something else I can buy? I found a link for programming the earlier G8 radio but I'm not sure the same eprom tricks will work with the Holden IQ unit.

It's currently 110F out so I'm not really happy about having the car down for a week or two due to no AC either.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Radio programming.

Post by smwalker »

Have you talked with Chris? He posted the other day he would be up and going shortly, Did not think a month was left.

I have seen a company in AU doing some US cars I believe. Confirm with them they can make it to US specs.
No other option in the US though:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/automotivelightingcustoms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not recommended to DIY, some have tried, some have paper weights now.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
philofab

Post by philofab »

I have not talked to him. The website has had most of the information removed and didn't say anything about being up and running sooner.

I have zero fear of damaging anything. I have extensive electronics and DC wiring experience.

The radio I currently have has a broken antenna plug anyway (was that way when I bought the car). Although I never listen to the radio, I'll probably have to fix/replace it to be able to attach a satellite radio (shame they don't make USB/Ipod style sat radio kits). It would permit a much cleaner install.

FYI, these bits may be useful to you other modding your radios:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271779271497

http://a.co/0TtXAjU
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Think he said he would be ready to do non custom work pretty soon (that's our stuff)

Tell us what you find with the antenna plug, no one has yet to tackle that yet. Some info here in case you missed it:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1584&#p14269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
philofab

Post by philofab »

smwalker wrote:Think he said he would be ready to do non custom work pretty soon (that's our stuff)

Tell us what you find with the antenna plug, no one has yet to tackle that yet. Some info here in case you missed it:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1584&#p14269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yea, I read that topic. When I received my car the dealer said the radio didn't pickup AM or FM. I have not yet pulled it apart to see what the issue is bit I'm betting that is what happened. My car has had some G8 interior bits swapped in by someone that does less than professional work. Tons of clips and screw missing.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

philofab wrote:
smwalker wrote:Think he said he would be ready to do non custom work pretty soon (that's our stuff)

Yea, I read that topic. When I received my car the dealer said the radio didn't pickup AM or FM. I have not yet pulled it apart to see what the issue is bit I'm betting that is what happened. My car has had some G8 interior bits swapped in by someone that does less than professional work. Tons of clips and screw missing.

Wonder if they got it programmed already? Only reason to take it out and break the antenna plug is programming? Can you get into the bluetooth menu at all?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
philofab

Post by philofab »

No such luck.

Here is a pic of it. 2012 9C1 6.0L. Camaro wheel are coming off once I get the CTS-V wheels powder coated.
Attachments
IMG_7029.JPG
IMG_7029.JPG (288.96 KiB) Viewed 16658 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Oh was that one of the ones in Riverside CA? They did the 9C3 conversion to it? Guess that's why they took it all apart.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
philofab

Post by philofab »

Yea, came from a dealer in Riverside. "Riverside Car Store" I believe. Had the dealer I work with wholesale it from them as I hate used car salesman or BS. I've owned over 100 cars and only purchased about 5 from dealers.

Some of the paint work on it and the interior work is below my standard but I will fix that stuff.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

We are taking non custom orders right now, there are no other sources for the custom software we developed the person who sent one to Oz had to have us redo that unit as well.

Contact us from the website and we'll get you squared away.
Last edited by GTPprix on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6