Disabling Stabilitrak

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
kevink

Re: Disabling Stabilitrak

Post by kevink »

I just wanted to bump this up in case anyone's interested.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Not sure when I will be sending Chris my 2011 BCM but I'm definitely interested in having him disable Stabilitrak. Ideally the default would be always completely OFF.
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)
KKARSTEN

Post by KKARSTEN »

Are we talking turning off tc for let's say burnouts? I know my 2011 9c3 will let me turn of traction and go into manul-matic mode and smoke the tires til they are gone. No dash lights or anything.
Kyle Karsten
kevink

Post by kevink »

v8suprcapric wrote:Not sure when I will be sending Chris my 2011 BCM but I'm definitely interested in having him disable Stabilitrak. Ideally the default would be always completely OFF.
Any luck with this?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

KKARSTEN wrote:Are we talking turning off tc for let's say burnouts? I know my 2011 9c3 will let me turn of traction and go into manul-matic mode and smoke the tires til they are gone. No dash lights or anything.
We have gone through this a million times, NO 2011 will allow you to "turn off" TC, that's not what the button that looks like a traction symbol is for its changing the entire STABILETRAK software parameters to allow for more aggressive driving all around, both acceleration and braking are changed. The Manu-matic mode on a 9c3 is also not related to "Traction control" GM apparently designed this into the first year system knowing the cars would be tested and beat to death, possibly fearing overly aggressive driving would reduce sales after a crash? Interesting to see that in 2017 Fleet testing magazines the caprice is still right there with the AWD hemi charger or turbo exploders....says something about the power and handling these cars have had from day 1.

a scant few persons have claimed the ability to "tune" the TC off, only proof I've ever seen has been youtube videos where people are removing a fuse from the under hood box.

KEVINK, keep dreaming of those roasting tires sir....
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Which fuse? :P

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
philofab

Post by philofab »

Yea, what fuse?

I've tried everything I can on my 2012 and it will barely turn the tires. No burnout on launch, no power brake, no matter the traction control setting.
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

if you unplug the steering angle sensor the tcs+stabilitrak will be disabled.
my car spent its first year without the two, and then one day i must have jostled it back into place while messing with it because i suddenly had both functioning

i was able to do burnouts before i accidentally fixed it.

a couple months ago i had it on a dyno and i couldn't run because the tcs ws kicking in, so i got under there and unplugged the angle sensor and it worked (or didnt work) just like it used to.

afterwards i plugged it back in and it went back to normal
kevink

Post by kevink »

xcidmigs wrote:KEVINK, keep dreaming of those roasting tires sir....
It has finally become a reality, even though Stabilitrak is still there. All it took was horsepower!

I just don't like the idea of Stabilitrak interfering if it thinks the car is out of control, like if it's getting sideways. I can correct that just fine. I don't need or want a nanny correcting it by applying brakes.
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Can't find the thread of course but somewhere on this site I've read about the torque being cut almost in half until 4000 rpms from the factory tune. Just changing this tune really wakes the car up.
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)