AUX IN Cable for 2014 + PPV's

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

AUX IN Cable for 2014 + PPV's

Post by smwalker »

So someone on FB asked this tonight and I honestly did not even know it was possible but it says Chris White can unlock an AUX in on the 2014+ radios. Question is how do we wire up a receptacle for one? Anyone done this?

Found in the List of RPO codes that AUX in is a option. And since that seems to be the only radio option for 2014+ cars I guess all of them have it. Just not sure why it is in parenthesis.

Chris Offering:

How about it Chris White have any info you could share Pinout? Any customer successfully done it yet?

Maybe have to search the Commodore board see what them blokes have done so far.

EDIT: Tried looking at the 14,15 SS and I do not have access to service manuals yet thus no wiring pinouts.
Do the SS have and AUX in plug from the factory?

Remembered the Mylinks are in many cars now so looked at a 15 Suburban but that shows a 20 pin Radio X1 Connector Where as the PPV shows a 44 pin X1 plug but of course all the wire descriptions are missing. God damn GM!!

Here is the pinout from a 2015 SS.
Spots 10,11,23,24 are the 4 we need to connect at a minimum. 9 you could hook up on the radio end to the bare terminal in the wire that connects to the shielded material but there is no where to connect it at the receptacle. The wiring diagram just shows a blunt cut on the "Auxillary Audio Screen" wire.

If you have purchased an AUX in cable from me this is the color scheme of where the wires are inserted into the radio connector:

SPOT 10 - Right + Signal = White Wire
SPOT 11 - Detection Signal = Red Wire
SPOT 23 - Common Signal (ground) = Black Wire
Spot 24 - Left + Signal = Green Wire

Found out a bit more. Seems the Terminals that go into the radio plug are the same manufacturer and family as the ones that go into the GM receptacle. That makes things nice. Manufacturer is JST and radio plug is the ATL series of connectors Link to Catalog. And the Receptacle plug is the AIT-II connector ( Link to Catalog) but they both can use terminal SAIT-A03T-M064. I have used the SAIT-A02T-M064 becase it accepts a larger wire. Easier to work with with fat fingers.

As you can see from the above table gold plated ones might be better for an audio application. Double the cost but talking pennies really for a higher quality connection.
Last edited by smwalker on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
BIG_GREEK

Re: AUX IN Cable for 2014 + PPV's

Post by BIG_GREEK »

Seems interesting. Im sure it is something like that, everything is in the radio, just not "unlocked".
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
sdshawver

Post by sdshawver »

Can Chris White do pre 14 radios? I had a friend unlock everything he cold on the BCM. Horn chirp on lock is not available period I understand. Really want the bluetooth phone connection.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

sdshawver wrote:Can Chris White do pre 14 radios? I had a friend unlock everything he cold on the BCM. Horn chirp on lock is not available period I understand. Really want the bluetooth phone connection.
Because he didn't actually unlock anything lol The cals are tied to your vin and while there are a few options (DRL/Dome Override) we can fix that the right way and Yes we do the 2011-2013 radios, check our website.

As far as cables go we don't supply any cables we just do programming here, I know the SS guys are tooling around with this as well but its the factory mylink 3.5MM aux in jack.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

GTPprix wrote: As far as cables go we don't supply any cables we just do programming here, I know the SS guys are tooling around with this as well but its the factory mylink 3.5MM aux in jack.
DO the SS's come with a 3.5 input already? EDIT: OK 14 and 15 SS came with the 3.5 aux in. 16+ SS did not. A user on the SS forum is in the process of assembling and testing a harness to use with Whites programming. Uses a lot of the same parts we use for our 11-13 upgrades.

Watch this thread for an update on availability for the harness
Last edited by smwalker on Mon May 29, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

smwalker wrote:
GTPprix wrote: As far as cables go we don't supply any cables we just do programming here, I know the SS guys are tooling around with this as well but its the factory mylink 3.5MM aux in jack.
DO the SS's come with a 3.5 input already?

And can you tell me is there a version number for the Mylink silver box that I can search for. Like can I assume a wiring diagram for a mylink in a 15 suburban would be the same silver box as a 15 PPV or 15 SS? Or are there several different MyLink boxes or are they all common?

Will have to go see what the SS guys have come up with.
SS had them from 2014-15 removed for 16+ they had us program it back in. Gen5DIY can make the cables for you guys and no a 2015 Tahoe is hmi based not silver box based completely different architecture sadly. 2015 ss would be a sure bet though or 2015 Cameron etc
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Great, thanks for the info Chris, I assume you are speaking of: http://www.gen5diy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They don't have anything listed for PPV but it looks like they can build just about anything.

Only thing that is left is the pin-outs for the radio, I assume they should be posted on the SS forum when they post the info for the harness.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

smwalker wrote:Great, thanks for the info Chris, I assume you are speaking of: http://www.gen5diy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They don't have anything listed for PPV but it looks like they can build just about anything.

Only thing that is left is the pin-outs for the radio, I assume they should be posted on the SS forum when they post the info for the harness.
Yup, we do a ton of work with them great guys who build a lot of special harnesses for people over the years. I think the schematics are posted if not I could probably dig them up tomorrow for everyone.
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

OK think I have everything figured out for the harness. Only thing left to determine is if the spots on the radio plug are actually blank for the different years. Since the USB wiring was there I have a suspicion maybe the AUX IN wiring will be there already and hiding in a harness somewhere. Anyone ever confirmed this?

So need to see if spots 10,11,23,24 are empty on the radio plug.

Whos ready to send theirs to Chris?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Added an AUX in 3.5mm plug to a 14 caprice tonight. The spots in the main radio plug 10,11,23,24 were open so no wiring from the factory. JST terminals listed above are the correct numbers. Wired it up and plugged in a AUX cord and it switched right to the AUX Input source and got good audio.

Inserting the terminals into the main radio plug:
There is a secondary terminal lock on the main radio plug. It is the white piece that covers the entire front. Just grab it and pull it out and it will click out about a 1/8 of an inch. You can take it completely off if you want to to see how far the terminals have been inserted. Make sure the new ones are in as far as the existing ones. They do click when inserted fully if you hear it.

If you have purchased an AUX in cable from me this is the color scheme of where the wires are inserted into the radio connector:

SPOT 10 - Right + Signal = White Wire
SPOT 11 - Detection Signal = Red Wire
SPOT 23 - Common Signal (ground) = Black Wire
Spot 24 - Left + Signal = Green Wire

EDIT: Chris wrote on a thread in the SS forum that 14 PPV has the programming for the AUX in it already, other years might not:

"The difference being the 14ppv still has it in the programming whereas the ss and later ppv it was removed ...."
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White