Looking for front left seatbelt assembly

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
paul54

Looking for front left seatbelt assembly

Post by paul54 »

Seems like a lot of the gm parts places on line show this as unavailable (19303300). Anyone got a decent left front seat belt assembly? My belt is torn to crap from rubbing on the police gear.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Looking for front left seatbelt assembly

Post by smwalker »

Is it the belt material that is bad? There are places that install fresh belts for I think about $80. YOU have to send them your belt assembly. I have a spare for you if your car is a daily driver. Mine also has 140K miles on it so it's not the best either. But you are welcome to use it while yours is getting rebelted or I could send mine in with instructions to send it to you after rework.

I have to send 2 in from the wrecked SS I got. They are both locked up due to the pre-tensioners going off. ANd the drivers (who was belted in I assume during the accident) weight during the accident stretches out the belt material and little fibers stick up around the mounting points. I think my passenger side is fine and just needs to be unlocked but if you are going to replace one side I would guess it would be better to do both sides so they color match. I mean black is black but sometimes there is a noticeable difference with stuff like that.

There are a few services that do it. These guys seem to get good reviews:

https://www.safetyrestore.com/webbing-r ... ement.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
paul54

Re: Looking for front left seatbelt assembly

Post by paul54 »

It is just the belt that is ratty. If I knew I could get it back in a week or so, that would be ok, its not a daily driver. But if I could find a decent one, I'd just do that also. Thanks!