NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR AMERICAN MADE CAPRICE SS BUMPERS

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
hdcjmartin

NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR AMERICAN MADE CAPRICE SS BUMPERS

Post by hdcjmartin »

Alright people, the moment we’ve all been waiting for!! We are NOW TAKING PRE ORDERS FOR CAPRICE SS BUMPERS. Price 310+shipping, shipping will be about $80 give or take. Bumpers will be constructed from durable Polyurethane plastic, will come unpainted, and will include painting instructions for the urethane bumper. Again ***UNDER $400*** American dollars for this bumper, you’ll spend 2k+ for this from AUS. Accesories for the bumper will need to be sourced by the customer, I was a able to find fog light and bezel kit for around $84 US on AU ebay. Another thing that will need to be addressed, the crash bar. It will need to be chopped or one from AUS will need to be sourced, even with the fog light and crash bar situation you will still end up coming out way ahead than if you were to buy this bumper from AUS. We have 8 on the list on facebook, our target goal of committed buyers or pre orders is 25. This will cover the cost of the bumper for the mold and bumper production, Jason Fluch (Owner and found of Streettrendsinc.com) is meeting with the builder today. Will have a time estimate today, lets make this happen guys!!! :D
Attachments
2016-holden-vfII-commodore-caprice-35.jpg
2016-holden-vfII-commodore-caprice-35.jpg (154.05 KiB) Viewed 13667 times
CrashTestDummy

Re: NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR AMERICAN MADE CAPRICE SS BUMPE

Post by CrashTestDummy »

What fog light and bezel work with this? I have the kit for the US Caprice. How does that work with this cover?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
RM96

Post by RM96 »

I am interested in this. I was just about to remove the front license plate holder, have the holes filled and then repaint the bumper cover. Not on Facebook, how do you order? More details please!
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

That bumper appears to delete the front side amber reflectors which is a US FEDERAL REGULATION... I would be nervous doing that regardless of what your states inspection situation is. Maybe figure out how to install one in the fender "Vent" area at the same time?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

xcidmigs wrote:That bumper appears to delete the front side amber reflectors which is a US FEDERAL REGULATION... I would be nervous doing that regardless of what your states inspection situation is.
Like many other things that auto manufacturers have been required to do via Federal mandate, I think it's not something you'll find enforced at the state inspection level....typically an inspection is going to look for lamps that aren't working, and if it's not there at all, I really doubt an inspector would even realize "hey, this car doesn't have xxx marker lights" and fail the inspection. This would be even less likely if the car was also fitted with the side fender "repeater", which was standard on the Holden variant, and essentially takes the place of that marker lamp/lens on the bumper cover.

My two cents....
hdcjmartin

Post by hdcjmartin »

UPDATE. We are looking at about 10-12 weeks of production time, this will allow us to have plenty of time to test fit bumpers and insure they fit correctly. We are also looking into doing CapriceV/CapriceSS style side skirts and the Caprice V trunk lid spoiler.
kevink

Post by kevink »

I would totally buy one of these if I wanted one (which I don't), but anyone interested might want to consider what impact (haha) modifying the crash bar will have in the event of an accident or insurance claim.

Locating an Australian crash bar is extremely difficult. I tried to find one for weight savings (some or all of them are aluminum) and it was not easy.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Navy Lifer wrote:
xcidmigs wrote:That bumper appears to delete the front side amber reflectors which is a US FEDERAL REGULATION... I would be nervous doing that regardless of what your states inspection situation is.
Like many other things that auto manufacturers have been required to do via Federal mandate, I think it's not something you'll find enforced at the state inspection level....typically an inspection is going to look for lamps that aren't working, and if it's not there at all, I really doubt an inspector would even realize "hey, this car doesn't have xxx marker lights" and fail the inspection. This would be even less likely if the car was also fitted with the side fender "repeater", which was standard on the Holden variant, and essentially takes the place of that marker lamp/lens on the bumper cover.

My two cents....
^^ this. Especially if the part looks factory. Show up with one of those tacky glue-on covers that hit the reflectors in the street, you might get a second look. Otherwise, even though it's a requirement, if it isn't there, but looks factory, they probably won't know.

I know the inspectors in Kalifornia can be pretty brutal, but few other places.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

CrashTestDummy wrote:I know the inspectors in Kalifornia can be pretty brutal, but few other places.
To my knowledge, there's only one "inspection" in California - the emissions test. No safety inspection.
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Navy Lifer wrote:
CrashTestDummy wrote:I know the inspectors in Kalifornia can be pretty brutal, but few other places.
To my knowledge, there's only one "inspection" in California - the emissions test. No safety inspection.
Yes, California has an emissions test every two years for any car more than 4 years old. Testing can include a tail pipe sniff and/or OBDII readout.

California also inspects out of state cars being transferred in state (VIN, Mileage, emissions equip under hood).

Only a fag would pass on the bumper over concerns it doesn't meet federal regulations. Sheesh.
2016 Caprice