Blend door actuators

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
Cumminsmannow

Blend door actuators

Post by Cumminsmannow »

Has anybody had to replace the blend door actuators? Can it be done without removing the whole dash? The parts dept pic looks like it is centered in the dash behind the radio.
2012 caprice 9c1
2017 jku
2004 gr prix dd/beater
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Blend door actuators

Post by smwalker »

I have an AC case out of a car if you need any pics. What problem are you experiencing?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Cumminsmannow

Post by Cumminsmannow »

I have great heat on pass side and only cool air on the driver side. And changing the modes it moves around but wont make driver side temps change.
2012 caprice 9c1
2017 jku
2004 gr prix dd/beater
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

I think I'm having the same problem. When I'm in single zone mode the driver side is cold but the passenger side is about 10 deg. Warmer even though I have it set to low. Its on my 2013.
I was diagnosing the compressor today because I believe its just worn out with just turning 100K. Any advise on changing out the Compressor and if I need to swap out other components aswell?
Thanks
Walt
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I just took apart the system on my 14 with 140k miles. desiccant in the dryer had some black stains on it from burnt oil i imagine.

First step I would do is just have the system evacuated and vacuumed, Check for leaks. and refill by weight (not pressure) to the proper level. See if your performance is any better. No need to replace anything as long as it's not leaking. Could throw in a new desiccant bag in the dryer when you have the system evacuated, since that's a cheap part.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 6&jsn=2346

Try to find a shop that knows what a micron gauge is. I have been in the industry, most guys that just press the buttons on the machines are hacks and do not know the first thing about the gasses involved. This guys knows his stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOGXgOvL3k
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Yes, good idea! I was to lazy or busy to change out a siezed up compressor on my other crap car (2015 Ford edge turbo) and paid a shop $1,450.00 to replace a $280 compressor (new not rebuilt) aftermarket unit. :o :shock:
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's