Big Single TURBO build ...LOADING

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
Tansman

Re: Big Single TURBO build ...LOADING

Post by Tansman »

Fitment on the knockoff headers wasn't great, and I had to dent them by the steering shaft to make it clear. The stock plug wires also touched so I replaced them with a set of Hinson racing wires with a 45 degree boot, and a set of Amazon heat shields.
Attachments
plug wires.jpg
plug wires.jpg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
2012 Chevy Caprice- VSR80 turbo, BTR stage 2, 3.45s, camaro wheels, meth injection (racecar/ weekend car)
2007 Honda Civic SI- Sedan- intake, exhaust, Skunk2 short shifter, shift bushings (wife's daily)
2005 Chevy tahoe- Cold air intake, everything else stock! (The family car)
2000 Honda civic Hatchback- lowered, rota slip wheels. (My daily)
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

Next change was the rear end. I picked up a 3.45 diff locally for $250, and installed it with BMR bushings. The diff made very noticeable difference. With the cheap tires it spins a lot. and gets sideways pretty easy.
2012 Chevy Caprice- VSR80 turbo, BTR stage 2, 3.45s, camaro wheels, meth injection (racecar/ weekend car)
2007 Honda Civic SI- Sedan- intake, exhaust, Skunk2 short shifter, shift bushings (wife's daily)
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

i had the car tuned at LSXKilr in Bonner springs, KS. The car made 326whp. I was a little disapointed. But didn't care to much because I already had plans to go turbo. This is also around the time I started gathering parts for my turbo build!
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

For exhaust I bought an X pipe from amazon and a couple pieces of pipe from oreilly and stuck it together with some booger welds. I also Picked up a set of G8 OBX axlebacks for $100 local. It's also probably worth noting that both of these were on BEFORE the tune.
Attachments
exhaust.jpg
exhaust.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
OBX muffler.jpg
OBX muffler.jpg (262.8 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

Next I picked up a set of camaro Brembo's from the same guy I got my wheels from. I paid $200 for the set. And I painted them red with paint from oreilly's and put some ebay stickers on them. I also put on drilled and slotted powerstop rotors. I only installed the front. I haven't decided if I want to do the rear yet. I don't know if i'll be going to a 15" setup yet.
Attachments
Brembo.jpg
Brembo.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

I bought an oil catch can from EBay. and installed in on the bolt that holds the power steering. It seemed to work well, and after about 5k miles I had maybe an inch of oil in the bottom of it.
Attachments
catch can.jpg
catch can.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
catch can1.jpg
catch can1.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
catch can2.png
catch can2.png (816.32 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

For the meat and potatoes of the build, I made a trade and got this 80mm Billet T6 VS Racing turbo! I traded a dirtbike that I had about $500 into. I also got 2 tial style wastegates, an intercooler, Tial Q blow off valve, intercooler piping kit, AEM wideband, T6 flange, flex pipe, and abunch of misc oil connections with the trade. Everything except the wideband and the oil fittings was BRAND NEW. Here's a picture of the guys car. He has the SAME turbo on his iron block 6.0,and he says he has made over 1400WHP from it! My end goal is only 800 so This should have no problem getting me there.
Attachments
Turbo guys car.jpg
Turbo guys car.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
Turbo.jpg
Turbo.jpg (1004.25 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

I did a couple small cosmetic things, Here's a punisher/ distressed flag decal on the rear windows. I got it from a member on the facebook page. And I added a 6.0 badge, And vinyl wrapped the rear chrome strip
Attachments
badge.jpg
badge.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 8274 times
window.jpg
window.jpg (467.07 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

Here's my parts list i have been working on. It changes alot. everything with a check mark is something I have already purchased!
Attachments
parts list2.jpg
parts list2.jpg (383.19 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
parts list.jpg
parts list.jpg (447.18 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

Here's a picture of my basically complete turbo kit! I went with
BTR stage 2 cam,
LS7 lifters,
LS9 head gaskets,
ARP head studs and Cam bolts.
AEM truboost gauge/controller
K&N filter
-4AN feed line and fittings
-10AN drain and fittings
Some heat wrap.
And I have a 2.25 exhaust piping kit as well.
Attachments
turbo kit.jpg
turbo kit.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 8274 times