Back Pain ?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
SSpeedracer

Back Pain ?

Post by SSpeedracer »

Recently I was suffering form debilitating lower back pain. I'm 6'2" 205lb, active and in decent shape.

My job took me out of the country for two weeks and my pain completely vanished. During those two weeks I did not drive a car.

When I returned and started driving the Caprice (2 hours per day) the pain returned immediately. I've since added a memory foam lumbar support and the pain immediately subsided. I'm posting this in case anyone else has strange back pains since driving the Caprice. The PPV seats lack lumbar with expectation that LEO has a police duty belt. My situation was dire until I made the correlation.
2016 Caprice
cerbomark

Re: Back Pain ?

Post by cerbomark »

Correct my if I M wrong but my 2016 has lumbars support adjustment in my power seat. I have had two back surgery's in the past and have driven the car 24 hours at once and never had an issue.
2016 C1
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

The '16 lumbar adjusted full on is insignificant when I compared to the SS G8 or any of my other cars/trucks. I'm glad you don't have any issues.
2016 Caprice
95_9C1

Post by 95_9C1 »

I was born with Spondylolisthesis.

Currently, I have a 2011 Caprice and have never had any back issues related to its driver's seat. Although, over the years, excessive swimming may have helped to strengthen my core to better adapt to sitting in one of these firm, heavy duty service automobile seats.

I've also had two well used 1995 9C1 Caprices and have never had any back issues related to their driver's seats, either. In 2005, I had driven one of these old, used '95s in a 60 hour solo cross country run (LA to NYC) w/o issue. Did I mention my congenital back condition? I digress...

I have always enjoyed these 9C1 cars because of their robust and firm seating foam. These are seats intended for hard core, utilitarian (police) use. They have always supported me well, but I suppose they could also aggravate an unknown, acute condition in someone else.

You may very well be having back issues related to these seats, but I would consider that to be more of an anomaly. Have you seen a doctor?

Regardless, I hope you figure it out because I know how much BACK PAIN SUCKS. I hated when I couldn't even tie my shoes...
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

what the OP er is talking about is the redesigned seat (in his 2016) making room for duty equipment . With the lack of gun belt it again changes the seating support.
2016 C1
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

biggest issue i find with the 14-17 seats , is the fact the seat doesnt tilt at the front , or at the rear

it has a slight tilt forward if you run the seat to the highest up position , and then goes back to flat when lowered down

the lumber seams to be ok , or enough for my back , its just the lack of tilt that makes them horrid on long trips , intown driving isnt a problem
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

Im with you on that back pain. Mine comes and goes and its only with this car. Ive owned it since new. I think it has to do with not having a duty belt on. The duty belt helps take that void away, thus creating the lower back support these seats lack.
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

This eliminated my back pain within 24 hours.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg
2016 Caprice