can I just swap out the radio?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
jj55chevy

Re: can I just swap out the radio?

Post by jj55chevy »

smwalker wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm Well $125 is what you would pay at the dealer anyhow so that's inline.

That X267 plug might be right under the dash and easy to get to I just do not recall anyone ever posting a pic of where it is?

I might go out to mine and see if I can find it. I am wondering even if WX7 is not listed on the SPID label if the connector for it is still there, wherever "there" is?? If it is there I see an opportunity for the 13 guys without a rear output channel to easily add an amp inline and get the rears working.

Good Luck and make sure and come back and post your findings.
I don't disagree that 125 is reasonable to transfer the radio to my car. I just don't think it is worth it for me for the blue tooth option(no one uses the voice feature on phones anymore) and I am skeptical about figuring out how to hook up a back up camera to it....maybe I will feel more confident around the car if I can even figure out how to make the front speakers work lol :D . I have been wrenching on chevy's since the 70's and believe me, all that knowledge goes out the window with these newer cars. I miss the days of that huge 8 track hanging under the dash with a Kraco 40 wall booster laying on the floor under it powering them Jensen coaxials.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Steve, my 275 connector is sitting there unused. I do not have option WX7 on my SPID upon first glance. My 2013 has the case of the fronts playing and the rears technically but no "finals" or actual output to them. Front sounds nice as well.

Steve where would I source the other end of the connector if I did say add an amp?
Attachments
IMG_20190224_152821.jpg
IMG_20190224_152821.jpg (170.12 KiB) Viewed 8922 times
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

AH HA!! Found X267 - behind the glove box mounted right next to X230 (the upfitters harness connector) - Makes sense the would be right next to each other.
Blue Connector - Unplugged it and I lost all my Audio.

Fudge I will work on gathering the part number for the connectors and terminals.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
jj55chevy

Post by jj55chevy »

smwalker wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:38 pm AH HA!! Found X267 - behind the glove box mounted right next to X230 (the upfitters harness connector) - Makes sense the would be right next to each other.
Blue Connector - Unplugged it and I lost all my Audio.

Fudge I will work on gathering the part number for the connectors and terminals.

I hope your audio came back to life...it did, right?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yes no problem, the diagram is accurate the blue plug is just a straight disconnect of all speaker wires. Simple. Now that I found it I am working on adding in an amp right there to pump things up! LOL See what you started!!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
jj55chevy

Post by jj55chevy »

smwalker wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 pm
Yes no problem, the diagram is accurate the blue plug is just a straight disconnect of all speaker wires. Simple. Now that I found it I am working on adding in an amp right there to pump things up! LOL See what you started!!
lol...I sometimes have that effect on people...I will dig into mine tomorrow night...hopefully get some front speakers going!
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Steve, if we're somehow able to add a connector/harness on that blue harness to "easy-add" an amp that would be stellar. Then you'd only need a line out converter and you're set. This is a great discovery.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Fudgehog wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:06 pm Steve, if we're somehow able to add a connector/harness on that blue harness to "easy-add" an amp that would be stellar. Then you'd only need a line out converter and you're set. This is a great discovery.
Man looking at amp tonight I am realizing just how far AMP's have come since I have not been paying attention to them! They got ones that have the line converter built in, ones that do not even need a remote turn on signal (witch is hard on our radios) and my god these things are super small now. I was leaning toward the rockford line but some of the reviews are saying the quality has suffered since manufactured in China. JL is looking good to me right now, going to make a mock up of this one and see where it will fit around the glove box area.

JL Audio RD Series Amp

Great if we can come up with an easy install that would be plug and play for the 13 guys to give them 4 channels again and an increase in power to boot. THen at least they would not have to get a 11 or 12 silver box.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Yeah that would be perfect. That amp looks nice. I've always had luck with Rockford I know their four channel 250w is about 110 bucks right now. Wiring a 4 channel at that connector would be much easier than taking off door panels or scouting and tapping the wires individually.

I was thinking just do it under the rear seat and tap the power wire with a nice tap.

Active Duty USAF
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

smwalker wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm Well $125 is what you would pay at the dealer anyhow so that's inline.
And a dealer would wipe out the programming like you mentioned :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6