can I just swap out the radio?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
91C02920

Re: can I just swap out the radio?

Post by 91C02920 »

The vin is stored on the eprom in the radio(in the standard IQ config at least). You can change it if you have a $100 eprom programmer.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190226060 ... &start=219

Its pretty easy, I did mine following that with no issues, and not easy at the same time, with the cost of buying the programmer and the time learning to use it, if you are just going to do just one, sending it out is probably the better solution. All the usual warnings apply- you mess it up and you can brick your radio and will be paying more to get it fixed.
jj55chevy

Post by jj55chevy »

I still have to get out to the garage and look for them wires. It's been a winter from hell here....I am debating on sending this radio out to get it transferred to my VIN. does anyone know what options I would actually gain with this?.... I have heard blue tooth (which I would probably never use) I am wondering what the navigation feature is...is that like a GPS?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ordinarily I would point you to White Audio as they have a list up of what you get but it seems they have a temp close going on right now to catch up.

You would get bluetooth so you can take and make calls with the steering wheel control. Also you can stream music that is on your phone at the same time.

You can add in a USB receptacle so you could plug in an ipod or USB thumb drive and play music off of that. (That what I mainly do)

You can also add in a 3.5mm Aux in receptacle so you could play music through the headphone jack of any devise (XM radio an option here)

YOu will have no Navigation or GPS at all - while they came with the buttons the internal boards do not support any Navigation features. The standard thought is phones do nav better anyway so better just to mount that up and have the directions play through blue tooth.

Back up Camera activated.

You can add in RCA jacks for Audio and Video so you could display and hear a video while driving. (To get this to work you may have to do some soldering at the same time you are getting the backup camera input affixed)

Then for an extra fee you can get a holden logo on start up if you are planning on doing a conversion to all Holden logos on your car. Some guys into that.

Think that is about it.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
jj55chevy

Post by jj55chevy »

smwalker wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:58 pm Ordinarily I would point you to White Audio as they have a list up of what you get but it seems they have a temp close going on right now to catch up.

You would get bluetooth so you can take and make calls with the steering wheel control. Also you can stream music that is on your phone at the same time.

You can add in a USB receptacle so you could plug in an ipod or USB thumb drive and play music off of that. (That what I mainly do)

You can also add in a 3.5mm Aux in receptacle so you could play music through the headphone jack of any devise (XM radio an option here)

YOu will have no Navigation or GPS at all - while they came with the buttons the internal boards do not support any Navigation features. The standard thought is phones do nav better anyway so better just to mount that up and have the directions play through blue tooth.

Back up Camera activated.

You can add in RCA jacks for Audio and Video so you could display and hear a video while driving. (To get this to work you may have to do some soldering at the same time you are getting the backup camera input affixed)

Then for an extra fee you can get a holden logo on start up if you are planning on doing a conversion to all Holden logos on your car. Some guys into that.

Think that is about it.

thanks for all the info....from the list I guess I don't see any must haves other than the back up camera....I think I will just put it on ebay and see if anyone else needs it more than i do...I also bought a console at I didn't need because I already built one that I will toss on there as well......I will just hook up my front speakers and call it good...thanks again!!!!!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Console?!? Do tell!!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
jj55chevy

Post by jj55chevy »

CrashTestDummy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm Console?!? Do tell!!
it is like an arm rest with two cup holders on the front and two brackets that hold it down to the plate. about 20" long. I already built one for my car when I stumbled upon this one..its in decent shape but I have gotten used to mine.
jj55chevy

Post by jj55chevy »

CrashTestDummy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm Console?!? Do tell!!
forgot to mention, it has a lid that goes over most of it with a clear vinyl strap under the lid for who knows what,,,,,,cab card?insurance card?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Just an update on the connectors and Terminals needed if you wanted to add an amp into connector at X267

Connectors:
Male: 12064767 (Quantity 1)
Male Wire Lock: 12045690 (1)

Female: 12064766 (1)
Female Wire lock: 12064768 (2)

Clip Lock: 12052834 (1) Do not really need this as it's not a critical connector to double lock.

Terminals:
Image Image

Male: 12047581 18-16 Gauge wire (8)
Female: 12047767 18-16 Gauge wire (8)

Mouser seems to have all parts in small quantities:
Project listing on Mouser.com

About $6.00 plus $8.00 in shipping. Wonder if it common enough that someone makes a rady mad harness? Ot maybe you could get the Wx7 Harness from Kerr and have some ready made connectors with wires attached?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Steve I have the up fitter harness with the rear flash separator, grille/siren, relay for wig wags, etc. Upon first glance it didn't look like it plugged in the empty connector for the rears?

You can vaguely see it in the background of the picture I previously posted and kind of see the writing on the wire shielding.

Would you be able to make a connector for the blue harness or the rear speaker harness and I could pay you for your time and materials?
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

For sure I can make you up something. I still need to see where an Amp could be mounted but if you already got a spot for yours let me know. Or maybe I could just make it long enough to reach under the pass seat?? I am seeing some wire makers make some 8/9 conductor wire that is pre wrapped and shielded just for this application so am going to look into that a bit more. See what kind of deal i can get.

Something like:
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11 ... 00-20.html

9 conductor for one wire being for an amp turn on. That's a good idea.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White