How to remove driver seat-height adjuster not working

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
vetterss

How to remove driver seat-height adjuster not working

Post by vetterss »

OK, I'm stumped! How do the front driver seats bolt into a 2015 Caprice. I've looked top and bottom and must be missing something because I cant find the bolts. The height adjustment is not working and need to figure out why. The switch has power but when it is pushed I can see a bracket of some sort move but only for a second and then it stops. Need to get seat out so I can see why it isn't working. Can anyone help?
Mike
1973 Corvette Coupe
2023 C8 Corvette Coupe
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: How to remove driver seat-height adjuster not working

Post by smwalker »

On the 14+ at the back of the seat rails are the bolts that hold them in. They are kind if inside the rail at the back of the rail. Torx Bolt I believe. Undo the back two bolts then lift the back and pull the seat out of the forward points. They just hook in there at the front - no bolts.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
vetterss

Post by vetterss »

No wonder I couldn't find bolts in the front! Will give that a try later today.
Mike
1973 Corvette Coupe
2023 C8 Corvette Coupe
vetterss

Post by vetterss »

We figured out what was wrong. After removing the seat from the car, we found the seat was jammed in the lowest position. We ran direct power to the adjuster motor and another person grabbed the adjusting screw with a pliers and when power activated pressure applied and the seat broke loose and works normally. All this after checking the motor for proper function and all other possible scenarios. Cost to repair, nothing!
Mike
1973 Corvette Coupe
2023 C8 Corvette Coupe