Orrsom OTR CAI

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Numbah1

Orrsom OTR CAI

Post by Numbah1 »

Hey guys, been looking at otr cai. Was wondering if anyone tried the Orrsom? Says it doesnt require the radiator to be rocked back. VCM says it fits G8 + '11-'13 Caprice. Orrsom says G8's. What do you guys think, should it fit?
lastcall190

Re: Orrsom OTR CAI

Post by lastcall190 »

My VCM has some pretty nice brackets that secure the intake in place to prevent movement. Email orssom directly, I got a response pretty fast. The VE model for a serirs 2 car (if it even makes a diff) should be the one to fit. FWIW I was quoted slightly higher than cost of VCM which made the choice kind of easier for me. If the VCM hadnt had a nice recent price drop I would've gone orssom route. Dont think you can go wrong with either, one is just much more prevalent over here.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Numbah1

Post by Numbah1 »

I seen the vcm was $20 cheaper, but a couple of guys had problems after leaning the radiator back. The Orrsom says it fits L77's too, i forgot about that part last night
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

If peace of mind is worth the 20 bucks then i dont think you can go wrong with orssom. Any power difference i bet would be unnoticeable. Good luck with your choice. Update the thread with what you go with!

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

Just giving this thread a bump. About to make this purchase decision myself and was wondering which way you went. Or, alternatively, does anyone have experience buying/shipping/receiving the Orrsom product.

Also, since I'm posting and kinda new, am I reading that previous comment correct that 2011-2013 cars are series 2 and would need the VE Orrsom product option?
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 - White - Big plans but just starting out with it - @Haute.Fuzz Instagram dedicated to car and build up
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Email the guy directly at OTRCAI.com, I think his name is Charlie? He got back to me right away.

https://otrcai.com/product/ve-v8-cai-ma ... l-engines/

That one looks like it would be the one you would need.

2011-2013 would need a VE product (my VCM came with attachment items for series 1 or series 2 anyhow). 2014+ would need VF I imagine.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

lastcall190 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 am https://otrcai.com/product/ve-v8-cai-ma ... l-engines/

That one looks like it would be the one you would need.
Rad! Will do. Thanks!

Stu
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 - White - Big plans but just starting out with it - @Haute.Fuzz Instagram dedicated to car and build up
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

i havent seen them used much by anyone , i think they only take air in through the top , where the VCM get air from both bottom and top
Numbah1

Post by Numbah1 »

https://gtog8ta.com/08-09-g8/08-09-g8-o ... ntake-otr/

Thats where i seen the 1 i was interested in. No i havent gotten it yet but i definitely will. 2 things holding me up; 1. my hood isnt lined up proper 2. I didnt want to add it as there's a big race this weekend at my local track & i wanted to stay the same as i tested.
Numbah1

Post by Numbah1 »

I emailed g8gtota and they said 'yea, but check with orssom'. I msg them through facebook and Charlie said it would!
* I only asked about the L77