HVAC Duct Assembly order

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Yuckydog

Re: HVAC Duct Assembly order

Post by Yuckydog »

Can these ducts and vents be somehow installed on a '14-16?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I don't think the Caprice ever had rear HVAC natively in the 2014+ cars. The 9C3 at least shared most of that console with the G8, so that would explain that.

I'm sure a couple guys have put SS consoles in their 2014+ Caprices, however I'm not sure about what was done with the HVAC.

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2 ... ducts-scat

Interesting... looks like there is a similar piece for the 2014+ cars. I stand corrected I think.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Yuckydog

Post by Yuckydog »

I wonder what part connects to #9 to lead to the vent?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Taken from the 2014+ Chevy SS parts diagram:

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2 ... nsole-scat

Look at item #9. Looks like it would be a good match. Ping Silversled I think he had a nice writeup when he put the console in his car. If I find it I'll link it here.

-J

Found it:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1758
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

No dice with rear HVAC, took the car to work this morning. Everything else works fine. Oh well, at least I didn't spend too much $ on the duct.

Side note, wow what a difference a real console to rest my arm makes. And cupholders too!!

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yuckydog wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:20 pm Can these ducts and vents be somehow installed on a '14-16?
Sure with an SS console they are there:

The HVAC case has the same outlet in the 14+ just capped off in the PPV's
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

DONT FORGET , on the 14-17 youll loose the parking brake , since the SS uses a electronic parking brake and the caprice is mechanical , and most of the mechanical bit sit right in the way of where the vent runs
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

lastcall190 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am No dice with rear HVAC, took the car to work this morning. Everything else works fine. Oh well, at least I didn't spend too much $ on the duct.

Side note, wow what a difference a real console to rest my arm makes. And cupholders too!!

-J
Success. Was out vacuuming the car and was looking at some white plastic arm by the lower center blend door. I noticed there was an electrical plug near there. So for the hell of it, I pressed to make sure it was seated. I heard and felt an audible click, turned car on, BOOM. Air pouring out of the rear vents! I took a pic of sensor I'll upload tomorrow when i get to work

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI