New Owner from Canada

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
CrashTestDummy

Re: New Owner from Canada

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Madtrasher79 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:30 am I’m looking to bring one across from Minnesota. What did you do for the Proof of Origin certificate? Do you go right to a GM dealership and request one? I need to prove it meets EPA standards. We have no smog rule in my area.
Won't the labels under the hood and driver's door jamb suffice? They all state the car is manufactured in Australia and that it meets North American anti-pollution laws, IIRC.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Mooseman

Re: New Owner from Canada

Post by Mooseman »

Found insurance? Yes. Affordable? No. I'm paying an extra $1000/year through what's called Facility Association, which is insurance of last resort for drunks, insurance fraudsters and the accident prone. It'll go down once I put it in storage for the winter and remove liability coverage.

I may plead my case to GM to get them to send VIN info to the Insurance Board since they did sell them here but in a very limited number, they're still responsible to supply the info.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419