Audio Clip_Resonators and Suitcases Delete

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Rogginator

Re: Audio Clip_Resonators and Suitcases Delete

Post by Rogginator »

How is the drone? Do you have any pictures from underneath?

Sounds good!
-2013 9C1
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

The drone is..uh..sufficient? :lol: jk! A low-note drone pronounced around 2200rpm (+ or -) 200, but nothing crazy enough to seriously inhibit a conversation, or music.
It was ALOT of fun to experiment, but I've decided to quiet her down with a pair of 3-chamber Mellos (which offer fully welded baffles).
I'll post another audio clip when the new mufflers are "sooted in" with a good carbon layer. Cheers from Florida. 8-)
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Thanks for posting sound clip. Much appreciated. Please elaborate on your exhaust setup. Some people call the secondary catalytic converters "resonators" due to their shape and size.

Did you remove everything after the four catalytic converters? Or everything after the merging (cross over) muffler?

I want the sound you've accomplished but with cutouts so I can turn off and on. I was planning on cutouts downstream of the 2nd cats. Would that replicate your setup? Or cutouts downstream of merging muffler?
2016 Caprice
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

In this set-up, no converters were removed, just the resonators. I'm concerned it may be borderline on back pressure, and I don't want to burn a valve) so I'm installing a pair of 3-chamber mellos.
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

I forgot to address the terminology issue. When I say converters, I mean the secondary converters too. I left 'em in there. I'll post a new pic (and audio clip) with the mufflers soon. Personally, I think it sounds better with the new mellos (like flowmaster, but with fully welded baffles, and without the unwanted high tones found in some f.m. models).
Ausyls2v

Post by Ausyls2v »

I like the sound of it...ill get some vids up tomorrow...
2012 holden caprice v
1986 vl berlina turbo bt1
2001 toyota echo!!!!!!!!!!!!