Little AC Help Please

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
13CapriceNC

Re: Little AC Help Please

Post by 13CapriceNC »

Those Relays are the fan relays, correct?. I thought there 3 relays. 2 for engine cooling and one for compressor (AC) cooling, right?

smwalker wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:51 pm You got everything you need at the connector, 5 volts, ground and the signal going to the ECM. I looked for a picture of someone that did it but could not find anything so a crude drawing of it below. Basically the two resistors can be added to the end of the connector. Or chop it off and just add right to the wires.

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 3.46.57 PM.png
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I was not talking about any relays. That rough diagram was the connector for the Pressure sensor.

Now the relays, they are a different story. They are all interconnected and are not as simple as these for cooling this for AC. They are more like 3 relays control 3 speed configurations. Here is a detail on them:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2611&p=20808#p20808
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I think the R1 and R2 that Steve has on his drawings are resistors needed to get the needed correct signal back to the ecm.

The 11 and 13 condensers are different, but the difference does not impact the fitment of the compressor. Thanks for the offer.

David
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

Ok, I’m following along now. Forgive my ignorance, this is all new to me and I appreciate the time you are taking to share knowledge.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

AH yes R1 and R2 are the resistors of whatever value you will need. Sorry did not make the connection to relays! THanks Sanford.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

Gentlemen,

I want to thank you for all your help. I found the AC Pressure Switch from my pile of removed items and plugged it back into the harness. Now the fans are working perfectly and not on high all of the time. This is why i preach to my friends "dont throw anything away" when doing modifications. I can't believe i didn't think of digging through the parts bin first. It was a pleasure figuring this out with your help.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

NIce!!! easy is best!!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White