Media Cables, Harnesses, Plugs

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Media Cables, Harnesses, Plugs

Post by smwalker »

I have the following media cords and harnesses available for sale. Keep in mind most all of these cords need to have programming done to the head unit for the items to work.
See Chris White at www.whiteautoandmedia.com for programming services.

Payment: Zelle (most banks offer) to PPVSteve@Gmail.com
Face Book Messenger Pay (Meta Pay)

I do not take paypal any longer.

Include your shipping address in the notes.
Items usually ship the next day, tracking will be provided for all items.

WM Caprice PPV - 2011-2013

USB - I no longer offer this cord. For a simple USB cord that will work see ebay :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203443689990

( If link broken seach ebay for : USB Cable For Peugeot 207 307 308 407 Citroen C2 C3 C4 for Radio RD43 RD45 )

3.5mm Aux In - Do to weak demand I no longer offer this cord.

20 Pin Video Input Connector - This connector will give you a standard female RCA connector for the rear camera video input and the DVD video input. NOTE: If you are adding a factory rear camera set up to a WM PPV this connector will be included with the camera harness. If you are adding an aftermarket backup camera then this connector will plug right into the standard RCA patch cord that usually comes with the aftermarket units.
COST: $59.00 Shipped

Factory Rear View Camera Harness - Attention!! to use this harness kit you need the GM Lid harness that GM no longer sells.
If you can find one in a wrecking yard then this harness will work for you.
-

This harness is used when you are installing the Factory GM rear view camera from the 2015+ PPV. You will buy the Camera and the Trunk Harness from GM (UPDATE : Trunk or Lid Harness is no longer availible from GM). This harness will continue on to the IQ radio and plug into the side with an included 20 pin video input connector.. It will get it's power from the AUX battery relay and turn on signal via a splice into the reverse light circuit in the trunk on the passenger side of the vehicle. (see below for similar picture)
COST: $139.00 Shipped

WN Caprice PPV - 2014 +

USB CORD - I no longer offer this item. Can use any standard USB cord.
If using with a GM receptacle get one side that is a USB "Mini B" connector.

3.5mm Aux in cord - Cord to be used with a GM 3.5mm Aux in receptacle.
2015+ Mylinks need programming for the AUX in to work.
COST: $45.00 Shipped

Factory Rear View Camera Harness - Attention!! to use this harness kit you need the GM Lid harness that GM no longer sells.
If you can find one in a wrecking yard then this harness will work for you.

- This harness is used when you are installing the Factory GM rear view camera from the 2015+ PPV. You will buy the Camera and the Trunk Harness from GM. This harness will continue on to the MyLink radio and you will need to insert 2 terminals into one of the radio plugs on the back of the unit. It will get it's power from the AUX battery relay and turn on signal via a splice into the reverse light circuit in the trunk on the passenger side of the vehicle. If you have removed your AUX battery tray and electronics I have an option for hat as well, let me know.
COST: $118.00 Shipped

After Market Camera Input Lead - Use this lead if you are installing an after market camera that uses a standard male RCA to send the camera signal. I can also send you a pigtail with the correct connectors to hook into the AUX battery circuit (at the isolator) if you would like to get the camera power from there. If you have removed your AUX battery tray and electronics I have an option for hat as well.
COST: $35
IMG_1462.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG (149.49 KiB) Viewed 20395 times

Other - Non Audio related Parts and Plugs

Repeater Harness - This is a set of connectors for the Australian and Chinese LED fender repeaters with about 9 foot of cord to attach to the headlight harness. Comes with standard connectors and adhesive shrink tubing for the 4 splices that need to be made.
COST: $39
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG (85.42 KiB) Viewed 20395 times
Antenna Connectors - These are the correct Radiall R197.160.B18 Farka Antenna connectors that are prone to breaking on our 11-13 IQ units. There require soldering to the circuit board. Professional installation recommended.

UPDATE: Mouser now carries these, slightly different part number but same item.

Mouser listing:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ra ... Zhrg%3D%3D
antenna.jpg
antenna.jpg (130.98 KiB) Viewed 20395 times
9C1 to 9C3 Console Conversion Wiring Kit - This includes wires needed to hook up the tap shift when using a G8 or 9C3 Shifter. Also included is the wires needed to hook up a 9C3 switch for the trunk release / Traction Control button. Can also modify if you re using the Traction Control / Sport button from Australian models.
COST: $59 Shipped

SS Shifter Conversion Harness and related items - If you are eliminating the PPV column shifter and going with an SS center console these parts will help. YO\ou will need to tune your transmission to activate the tap up tap down feature. And there is a network wire called "Line Data" that is inactive in the PPV BCM. I believe all it does it light up what gear you are in at the shifter. While I include a wire for it it is inactive in the PPV BCM so BCM programming will be needed. At this time I am not sure Chris White has created that specifically for us.

When doing an SS Dash many guys have opted to do the HUD (Heads Up Display) at the same time so the harness I made piggybacks on the shifter harness to get power. Only needed if you are doing the HUD. And you can always add it later if you want.

If you do add the HUD the Sport and Traction Control buttons will have to be moved from next to the headlight switch to make room for the HUD dimmer controls. So I have a simple Pigtail that will allow you to wire up the sport and traction buttons to the SS consoles traction button and use one of the parking buttons as a sport mode switch.

SS Shifter Conversion Harness - Cost $126.00
SS HUD Harness - Cost $78.00
SS Button Sport and Traction Pigtail - $45.00

Payment: Zelle (most banks offer) to PPVSteve@Gmail.com
Facebook Messenger Pay (Meta Pay)
I do not take Paypal any longer.
Include your shipping address in the notes.
Items usually ship the next day, tracking will be provided for all items.

Link to instructions will be provided and I will walk you through the install if needed.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
bfg4wd

Re: Media Cables, Harnesses, Plugs

Post by bfg4wd »

Two questions about the camera harness.

First the header says 14 +, but in the description you say 15+ which is it? ( I have a 14)

What if any has to be programmed for the camera to work?

Regards,
Ted
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

bfg4wd wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:06 pm Two questions about the camera harness.

First the header says 14 +, but in the description you say 15+ which is it? ( I have a 14)

What if any has to be programmed for the camera to work?
The Camera parts come from a 15+ so they do not need my harness as it comes with a camera from the factory. So really the harness for the 14 is only needed on the 14. I was trying to think of an elegant way to say that and also imply that my harness can be used on the 11-13's using a 15+ camera. Think I failed! LOL

For the 11-13 and the 14 the silver radio box in the dash has to be programmed. Which means sending the entire box in to Chris. On the 14's Chris can also update the box to give you some other features and moving back up lines that is pretty neat.
Some discussion if it here: Installing Factory Rear Vision Camera on a 2014
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

We have updated our products to link directly to this thread, thanks for Offering these Steve!!!! :D
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
getlikeme149

Post by getlikeme149 »

How do I go about buying the cable that’s $65
2013 CAPRICE PPV 9C3
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

getlikeme149 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:29 am How do I go about buying the cable that’s $65
I do not take paypal any longer.

Payment Methods: Zelle to PPVSteve@Gmail.com

Send shipping address in notes.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Datcaprice

Post by Datcaprice »

If I were to connect a DVD player, does the 3.5mm audio connect with the AUX in? Also, will I get backup camera, plus DVD options?

I still need to get the silver box flashed.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Once the silver box is programmed you will get

Audio AUX in - Via 3.5mm (or could be RCA's if you wish)

Rear Seat Entertanment - Video Input is via the 20 pin connector (that also gives you Backup Camera input) .
The Audio Channels come in via 3 spots on the main radio plug (separate from the Audio AUX in mentioned above)

Make sense? So really you get two audio AUX in's one is just tied to the onscreen video as well.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Holdenaddict

Post by Holdenaddict »

WM flashed my 2013 Caprice silver box. Now the camera feature comes on in reverse. What cable do I need to buy from you to connect an aftermarket camera? I can figure out the power source via a reverse light.
Thanks in advance,
Mike
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

If it's a 13 chances are you do not have the 20 pin plug on your circuit board. So no harness/connector from me will work. You will be doing some soldering. I recently found this neat product that helps with soldering small wires. Link:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1250&p=29358&hilit ... 3e0#p29358

But take a look to see if you have the plug. It is below and to the front of the main radio plug. There might be a piece of white tape over the hole.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White