Alarm Activated by Hood?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
s/c'd cav

Re: Alarm Activated by Hood?

Post by s/c'd cav »

NJ_9C3 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm How would the hood latch play into this? Is there a sensor on it? I figured a hood latch was nothing really more than a lock for the hood.
if the hood is open , it bacically means its being worked , and safety thing to not start via remote

same if the check engine light is on , it will not start
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

NJ_9C3 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm How would the hood latch play into this? Is there a sensor on it? I figured a hood latch was nothing really more than a lock for the hood.
Imagine you go to switch out your serpentine belt. Park the car put your keys in your pocket with the buttons facing out. Reaching down into the belt area to loosen the tensioner. Sucker is hard to get to so you lean on the core support a bit to get a good angle. The remote start button rest square on one of the bolt heads on the core support and the engine starts. I will save you the gore of what fingers look like after getting caught in the serpentine belt on a running car.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

NJ_9C3,
Yes, the remote start optioned cars do have a hood latch with a micro switch in the assembly.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
NJ_9C3

Post by NJ_9C3 »

What type of repair would I be looking at? Is this a common issues among cars, and one that virtually any mechanic would know how to fix?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea any mechanic can do it it's pretty out in the open. Part is about $60 new from GM. Hopefully though they will test the wiring first to make sure it's not a wiring issue and the latch is actually defective. But that's asking a lot these days! LOL

https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-parts/ ... h-92258586
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White