New Member from North Carolina

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Cbambamj

New Member from North Carolina

Post by Cbambamj »

Hello folks , new owner of 2013 caprice ppv. Bid on it from state sale and purchased it from info provided by state. They only give mileage and front ,side, rear and back and interior pics. They tell if they know any problems with car otherwise it runs good. Car was 9C1 with new tires and very clean interior and exterior. U can actually go look at car and crank at the state lot. Milage was 119000 miles. They do not list engine size so if u do not go to lot to physically inspect u get the surprise when u win the bid when u pick the car up what engine u have. I was told 80 percent of ppv have the V8. So I drove car home on the 40 min ride and was really impressed by the quietness an responses of the engine. Then when I raised the hood when I got home I was amazed it was the 3.6. Really disappointed to begin with for the V8 was what I wanted. But after driving for a day the 301 hp and gas mileage is pretty awesome. I think this will be my training car and I will take my time looking for a black 2013 , 9C3 with lower mileage with V8 . This a great web site and reading has a lot of info on the caprice. Talk at yall later!
Willigaf

Re: New Member from North Carolina

Post by Willigaf »

That stings. Welcome, from another PPV newb. Are you new to cars or just these?

There’s a user here with a slightly crashed V8 car for a good price if you want all the pieces to convert. Or better yet fix his with your parts.
IM28702

Post by IM28702 »

Total bummer about the V6... The L77 engine is the only reason to buy one of these. But, as you say it'll get you some experience with the platform while you search for the car you ultimately want. Orrr..... Maybe a couple turbos is in your future? That would be cool.

If you're looking for a 9C3... As far as I've heard, they were only made in 2011.

Have fun with the new car, maybe it turns out to be a blessing. You can have a perfect daily to hold on to while you're building your next hot rod, and you don't have to worry about the DOD failure.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

That is to bad that you ended up with the V6, but, it's not a bad engine and you can definitely find out about the car while you look for another. The 9C3 option was available 2011-2013, FYI

Good Luck!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Although the V6 is a negative in itself, the positive thing is it's rarer. Can't beat the mileage.

Post up some pics. Would love to see it and under the hood.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Cbambamj

Post by Cbambamj »

Thanks for emails making me feel better about having a v6. But guys the gas mpg on car was showing 29 but after 2 tanks of of gas I actually got a solid 28 for intown and out mpg. Not bad for a big car. And to me the car has respectable power for its size. Well with its quiet exhaust people do not know its not the v8 ! So I can pretend to i get caught! Later folks.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Doesn't help now but if you had access to the VIN, you'd be able to discern which engine it has (I think). My eighth digit is a "2". I have a '13 9C3 that's black with low miles (55K)... and the L77. It sounds like that's about what you're looking for but I'm in love ;).
300hp is nothing to sneeze at. I've been on the prowl for an LS for a long time. I first bought an LM7 (iron 5.3 with 862 heads). I was going to "LS Swap" something. Then I was looking at CTS-V's, then C5 Vettes and finally the wonderfully pragmatic Caprice 9C3. I'm a new owner as well and this forum is great for tons of information. Welcome!
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Welcome!

Two years ago, I almost bought a 2012 9C3 V6 with 4K miles. A friend of mine had it since new. ;-)

Unfortunately I had some health, work, and financial problems all hit me at the same time and needed to pass on that opportunity. He ended up selling it on eBay, getting more than he would have gotten from me.

I test drove the car and the V6 was powerful enough. Basically felt like a V6 Camaro. The ride quality and brakes felt better than my 2011. The V6 is fine for a commuter car, and doesn't come with the AFM issues. The V8 is just outright fun, but not as practical. Had I got the car, that's all I was going to use it for since my daily driver B-Bodies are getting long in the tooth. I think it would have been neat to have both a low miles V6 and V8 9C3. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Enjoy your car. I'd keep it the way it is, drive the wheels off of it, and pick up a V8 one later if it's fun you're looking for.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.