2012 Caprice PPV will not start. No crank.

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Willigaf

Re: 2012 Caprice PPV will not start. No crank.

Post by Willigaf »

Michmadcap wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:04 am Did the dealer get your car to start. What was the problem. I have my 2013 at dealer now getting all lock cylinders changed to random key. They called last night said it will not start no engine immobilized code. I was wondering what your problem was to tell them where to start. They are waiting until next week to call GM.
Apologies brother. I was hammered at work with the holidays and haven’t been back in a while. I towed the car to a friend of a friend’s shop and told him it was a toy car for me. Bad idea. Been so busy I’ve barely spoken with him, let alone bother towing it to the dealer. He’s been so busy it’s been on the back burner.

I can tell you one thing. Every time someone posts their crusty crank sensor wires on facebook, I smack myself in the gentle bits for not knowing about that when I prematurely replaced the starter. I was right there. Even had plenty of daylight left to just look up at it.

Parking is a nightmare here, so while I wish I had the car for fall, I don’t mind if it takes til spring to get it back now.

Any luck with yours?
deep_zek

Post by deep_zek »

When you mentioned 'crusty crank sensor wires on facebook', can you actually link the post here I might have the same issue but can't find much on FB. Thanks
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

I cannot. Keep an eye out, as they pop up every few weeks it seems. Unfortunately there’s no rhyme or reason to posting on fb. A guy might introduce his problem in one post and days later, post his solution in a new one, without mentioning the original symptoms. Or a pic of something with “how do I fix this?”

Not to mention since the dawn of the World Wide Web, my search results typically return a bag of sausages when I clearly typed pancake in the search bar.
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

deep_zek wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:25 pm I might have the same issue
Instead of pulling the starter out, which was a nuisance, you may be able to see the pigtail from a window behind the passenger tire. It screws in with 3 fasteners I think. Maybe one hex head and 2 torx. Wheel off, car on a jack stand...

Not sure though. Still slacking on my end.
deep_zek

Post by deep_zek »

Thanks for tips. No worries, can't do much in winter anyway just browsing around to collect as much information as I can while waiting for summer 🙂
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

Well, finally got some good news. Computer was replaced and programmed and the car runs and drives. Still needed a crank sensor relearn but the radio/hvac was blank and stuck on full cold AC. Found the answer in minutes here, mechanic pulled and reinserted same fuse over battery and he was back in business.

It’s all done now.

In the meantime I bought the red 2012 you might have seen a couple months ago for sale on FB. So this car will be up for sale soon with some extra goodies. I’ll post it here first since this is where my journey began... then fb a little later if you guys don’t snag it.

Thanks for all the replies and ideas. Turned out to just be a bad computer so hopefully if you find yourself in the same situation you can get that checked out.