New Caprice owner from Puerto Rico

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Tito

New Caprice owner from Puerto Rico

Post by Tito »

Hi, New Caprice owner from Puerto Rico. Great to be part of the PPV community. I brought my white 2012 from Gonzales Tx. in July 2020 and is a work in progress. Glad to be on board and hope we continue sharing experience and knowledge all over the forum.
GammaFlat

Re: New Caprice owner from Puerto Rico

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome Tito! How much does it cost to get a car from the states to Puerto Rico? Keep us posted on your updates/fixes.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Sucks to get old, but it seems like there was an episode of Airplane Repo that was shot in Puerto Rico and there was a shot that showed the tail end of a Caprice driving down a street.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Post up some pics of your ride. How rare are these in Puerto Rico? I would assume very rare.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Tito

Post by Tito »

Hi, in my case from Gonzales Tx. to Jacksonville Fl. the cost was $800+. I think I paid a bit much to the carrier who also happens to be Puerto Rican. The sea league to Puerto Rico was $737 with Crowley with help from a friend and then the cost of registering the car (title, license and plate).
I believe that at the moment my Caprice is the only one in the island registered for private use (that I know of). PPv's are not that rare in the PR State Police fleet and they are all white. A lot of municipalities in the Island also have Caprices in a few other colors. The DOD system fail has kept the majority of these cars away from active duty in recent years.
will post some pictures soon when it is back from local machine shop (broken starter bolt).
If its not much to ask, can anyone help me with the Holden WM side skirts and the front splitter that one of the members was producing? I really want these for my car.
Thanks for welcome.
Attachments
Puerto_Rico_Police_Chevy_Caprice.jpg
Puerto_Rico_Police_Chevy_Caprice.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 4577 times
Patrullas agosto-30-2012.jpg
Patrullas agosto-30-2012.jpg (184.52 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
Policia_PR_Chevrolet_Caprice_PPV.jpg
Policia_PR_Chevrolet_Caprice_PPV.jpg (56.47 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Nice! I don't think the fee for shipping from Tx. to Fl. is all that bad. IIRC, our Caprice was a bit over $600 from Tampa to the Houston, Texas area. The Tahoe PPV before that, from the same place was about $500.

Welcome!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Tito

Post by Tito »

Thank you! This is my first time shipping a car from the States.
Turbopowered68

Post by Turbopowered68 »

Tito wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:46 pm Thank you! This is my first time shipping a car from the States.
Cool stuff, dude.
I have to ship 2 or 3 cars from PR to NY.
2014 Caprice V8
Elgin E-1840 P, LS9 Head gasket, LS7 Lifters, PAC-1218 springs, Trunion upgrade, Single roller timing set, Melling oil pump, ZL1 torque converter, Camaro Trans pan and filter.
1986 GN
212/212 Roller cam, 1.65 HR Rockers, 60-1 turbo, XFI 2.05, E85, Ebay Front mount IC, Husek Built TH200-4R trans, 3.42 gears 3800# .
1968 Chevelle
LQ4, 4L80, 12 bolt w/3.42 gears