Chevrolet Trax Steering Wheel Button for WN 2014+ cars

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Chevrolet Trax Steering Wheel Button for WN 2014+ cars

Post by smwalker »

Stole this thread of a FB post. Nice little upgrade and it seems the LED colors match so no need to modify anything there.

Are you tired of your thumb slipping off the source wheel button when scrolling through your presets? Well here is the fix
Get a Chevy Trax radio button
The part number is 42356198
It will come with the trim surround for the trax. You need to remove it from that trim piece by releasing 7 clips.
Then pop your airbag off (theres videos on how to do that. And writeups on ssforums)
**You can disconnect the battery before if you want.... but I didnt disconnect the airbag. Just rested it on my lap while I made the swap.**
Then pull off your steering wheel trim and buttons. They come off in one big U shaped unit. Its just press fit into the rubber on the steering wheel.
Then disconnect the electrical connectors from the buttons.
Pop your switch out of the housing the same way you took off the trax one. Be careful. It can snap.
Then throw the new switch in and put everything back together. Should take 10-15 minutes.
trax.jpg
trax.jpg (212.38 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Lord Vader

Re: Chevrolet Trax Steering Wheel Button for WN 2014+ cars

Post by Lord Vader »

Hell to the yeah! Thanks, Steve!
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Nice find Steve! I'll update the parts listing the next time I'm in that file.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

This is fantastic! Mine is pretty worn and this has always been a pet peeve of mine. I am adding it to my todo list.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....