2015 (ME) Caprice shifter

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Saud shammary

2015 (ME) Caprice shifter

Post by Saud shammary »

Greetings,

What parts I need to change the shifter for my caprice to 2014-2017 ppv shifter,I like the ppv shifter more than the center console shifter maybe because I was 2009 gmc yukon owner :D
Attachments
IMG_7888.jpeg
IMG_7888.jpeg (70.7 KiB) Viewed 756 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2015 (ME) Caprice shifter

Post by smwalker »

Would need the Shifter handle, shifter mechanism in the dash and the cable that went down to the transmission. Think there also might be a bracket on the transmission to mount the cable to. Would need the dash bezel trim also. You do not have a start button there already do you??

Would also have to send 2 wires to the column shifter for key lockout and park lock solenoid. Then if you have tap shift now on your factory shifter you would loose that. Although you could add a SS steering wheel and get paddle shifters.

I have all the parts if you would like to give it a try. I figured I would keep them but never figured anyone would want to go from the floor shifter to a Column!! LOL
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Saud shammary

Re: 2015 (ME) Caprice shifter

Post by Saud shammary »

Thank you mr walker

I will contact you and buy it when I’m ready to swap the shifter :D