Driver's door electric gremlins

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
impaladakid

Driver's door electric gremlins

Post by impaladakid »

My 2012 9c1 seems to have electrical issues in the drivers door. The power lock on the drivers door is the only one that does not work, the car assumes the door is always open as the door light on the dash stays illuminated, the interior light will not come on if I open that door.. The drivers door is the only door I can open, and it does not cause the odometer to illuminate. And lastly, the rear windows to not work from the drivers switch. The front windows, and both mirrors work, so I ruled out a bad ground. I can only assume police equipment was removed, or wires cut causing all of this. I am hoping this is a common issue with a direction I can go to correct it. I did find a plug not even plugged in behind the rear bumper that powered the license plate bulbs.
Phantom Black 2012 9C1 L77

Past cars
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
1995 Caprice 1A2 police wagon
3 1994 caprice 9C1s
4 Buick Roadmaster Wagons
2 1995 Cadillac Fleetwoods
2 1994 Impala SS
1 1996 Impala SS
1 1996 Roadmaster sedan
1 1995 Roadmaster Sedan
1 1992 caprice 9C6
1 1991Caprice
1 1987 Grand National
1 1986 Camaro IROC 5 speed
Sanford

Re: Driver's door electric gremlins

Post by Sanford »

It is a very common problem to have broken wires in the driver side door. I have repaired about 4-5 cars with multiple broken wires. I now pull the door panel off and take the harness out, so the repair splices are not close to where the wire bends.
s/c'd cav

Re: Driver's door electric gremlins

Post by s/c'd cav »

its your door latch assembly , both the lock actuator and door pin switch are part of it

for the rear windows , look under the passenger seat for a plug , i dont remember if its pluged into something or needs to be swapped into another connector , but its a police car thing , there is tons of posts on it here , i dont have a 11-13 so i dont remember what exactly needs to be done