Problems with USB jump drives no opening new added files.

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
K9Vic

Problems with USB jump drives no opening new added files.

Post by K9Vic »

Does anyone have this problem with your upgraded radio from Chris White?

I format in FAT32 with a new or old USB jump drive and add a bunch of MP3 files and plug it into the radio and everything works just fine. After this at any given time period I remove the jump drive to add more MP3 files and have issues. Sometimes the newly added files work, but most of the time they do not. I have formatted the drive again and added the MP3 files back including the newest ones, but still the same issue. I first just tried to change the drive name, but that did not work. This is with all the jump drives I have tried, not just the new one I got.

I tried is copied the new files on the same jump drive so it has a "- Copy" folder name, so duplicated folders. It put all them at the end of the list out of order and still did not work. This was after formatting the drive and copying all the files back on it with no luck.

I formatted the drive as exFAT and placed a file on it, of course it cannot read that format. After this I formatted it again as FAT32 and put one of the newly added folders on it worked. Formatted again and add all the folders and again same issue, all the newer folders over the first original folders did not work.

I have not tried factory reset or remove batteries to see if this resets the radio. Hate to reprogram everything if it does not have a static memory.

I am using a Sandisk 32gig. Past was random 4-8gig drives.
roman1978

Re: Problems with USB jump drives no opening new added files

Post by roman1978 »

I have the same issue with my cd player sometimes it reads cd sometimes it does not the only way to get it it to work is to shut off the car and restart I tried different cd 's and same thing happens I have another issue with the radio when you the key in to accessory position after few seconds you get a message on the radio saying vin unrecognized and the radio turns off
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

This is what I just discovered, looks like any MP3 over 1000 will not play. I was going through my list and noticed that I selected a MP3 that was #1000 and when I went to the next it was #1, the first MP3 of my first folder. Even though the MP3 played in the folder, it was #1000 and would not go to the next MP3 in that same folder.

So to Chris White? what is the deal, are these limited to 1000 songs only?
Is there something wrong with my programming?
Anyone with a Holder IQ have this issue here or elsewhere in the world?

I would hate to only be limited to 1000 MP3, that mean using multiple 4gb drives over one nice 32 or 64gb.

Remember all, this is a White Automotive & Media Services modified radio. The stock Caprice PPV radio does not have USB, Bluetooth, or iPod support.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

1000 is a hard limit in the radio, Aussies have been bitching forever about that unfortunately :(
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6