2014 Hot Rod Power Tour

Upcoming events (car shows, racing, meets, conferences, etc....) of interest to our community. Also forum member meetups - either solo to Caprices or with other car groups such as informal cruise-in's, etc....
The Tech

Re: 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour

Post by The Tech »

On the Power Tour I have seen a number of Holden GTOs and G8s but in Charleston WV I saw a Holden Ute. I will post some pictures we I get a chance to download from my SD card. I spoke with the owner today and this one is the first one done by the company in Denver.

Looking forward to meeting Pursuit tomorrow in Iowa.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

Thats sweet ! Looking forward to the pictures .
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

I enjoyed meeting with the Tech and his wife in Bettendorf, IA. Great turnout and a wide variety of cars on the tour and from the local car clubs.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

The wife and I enjoyed meeting and spending some time with you as well Maurice.

I promised some pictures so here you go. First my PPV, (I think I wore that smile the entire time!):

And then some of the Holden Ute. This was the first one produced by the company in Denver and now resides in Florida. It made the entire Power Tour - and must and went some 3500 miles in the process:

2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

Hey Tech, I saw you and your car the night before Power Tour started. I followed Mike Finnegan in Blasphemi and the camera van up there from Braselton, GA. I met MF at a gas station and asked for an Interview with him and Freiburger. DF had gone ahead for the Long Hauler dinner so Mike invited me to Concord. I got two sessions and close to an hour of video. I stopped to look at your car for a while but I don't think you came over to talk(I don't blame you I had the look of 29 hours on the road.). Last Friday I got an Alto Grey 2013 6L 9C1 with the cloth/vinyl seat, carpet and center caps. I met Navylifer today at a car show in Canton(Novaduce and his son were there too). He said that it is an oddly optioned car. I don't know if you plan on doing the tour next year but, I would love to join you and any other PPV guys that want to go.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Believe me I didn't avoid you at the Friday Pre-Event. I LOVE to talk about my car - probably way too much, but that's how I am. I had the car parked behind Mike's shop to show off the flashing lights he installed for me. I spent a lot of time meeting Bobby Allison and Lou Santiago, as well as hitting up Kooks - again - about headers for our cars. I also got to talk with John Hotchkis so it was a busy evening.

I don't know if we will be able to do the Power Tour next year, might depend on where it winds up because it might turn out to be a two week trip for us and we may not have enough vacation. But I can just about guarantee that we will be at the Chevy High Performance Nationals the first weekend in June at Commerce. Maybe we can get a bunch of us together for that event.
1996 DGGM Impala SS