Wierd problem opening Right Front Door

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
sardillim

Re: Wierd problem opening Right Front Door

Post by sardillim »

update car has been at dealer for 2 days they still haven't been able to get the door open
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Dealer Tech: "We are going to need a bigger pry bar"

And a hammer.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Funny story about the bigger prybar. I was flying out of the Lynchburg, VA airport around 2005 or so, at that time it was only supporting turboprop passenger service. I was going home to Florida from tech training. One of the old shuttle services that worked for US Airways on their commuter service had the leg from Lynchburg to Atlanta, and we were going to be flying in a Saab turboprop. Well, I'm at the gate and I'm watching my plane land, taxi to the gate, lower the built-in boarding stairs and the passengers get off, but the luggage isn't leaving the plane for some reason. Turns out the luggage shifted in flight and jammed the baggage compartment door. There's three mechanics working on this door with hand tools to no avail, when out comes the pilot with a long pry bar, at least a five-footer.... I kid you not, there were two people yanking on this pry bar against the door seals to try to get the door to move, pilot had his feet on the fuselage and was yanking for all he was worth. It finally worked... but I called the wife with a description of what was going on in case we crashed on the next flight (mine!).

Geting back on topic, both my front and rear right doors are working hard to unlatch. They've slowly become more and more difficult to open over the last 6 months or so. I've been debating running the car into the dealer to get them to look at the latches, but sounds like it might be a more intensive problem then just lubing some interior parts....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

day 3 still at the dealer, got the door opened but had to sacrifice the interior trim panel,