Holden Startup Display on my 9C3

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
NJ 9C3

Re: Holden Startup Display on my 9C3

Post by NJ 9C3 »

Wow, very interesting. I didn't notice the heat unit issue. I want to keep that Holden startup screen as it's very unique. I don't know if there is a warranty on it. The seller was the worst seller to ever deal with, and he never mentioned really anything to me about any warranty. Basically just gave me the keys and had me look it over.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ah there you go! Great info Steve R.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

NJ 9C3 wrote:Wow, very interesting. I didn't notice the heat unit issue. I want to keep that Holden startup screen as it's very unique. I don't know if there is a warranty on it. The seller was the worst seller to ever deal with, and he never mentioned really anything to me about any warranty. Basically just gave me the keys and had me look it over.
Eventually you will want to have chris white program your radio so you can use blue tooth and the like. At that point he can put back in the holden logo (for $25 bones). In fact if the dealer is going to charge you to fix may just want to see if Chris can fix the tuning issue for you when he does the programming for the other items.

Not sure he could fix the heater control issue though. Maybe.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

Yeah, I missed the Holden screen when I got it all straightened out. I have a feeling that is the price of a US-enabled radio.

I seriously think that GM should bear the responsibility of re-flashing your radio regardless of the car being over dates on the warrantee. It can be seen as a manufacturer's defect: a radio sold in the US that doesn't tune to US stations, for Pete's sake! Run it up the flagpole!
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
NJ 9C3

Post by NJ 9C3 »

Did you also have an issue with the door locks? Both my front doors when open will not lock if one of the doors is open and I click the lock button on the fob or inside the vehicle. When closed they lock fine, but when either is ajar they will go to lock but get jammed.
NJ 9C3

Post by NJ 9C3 »

If anyone is interested here is a video of the startup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3PDjvD ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

Yes, observed that with my door locks. Brought it up to the dealer, they said that is as designed....

So, have to use the fob to lock the car externally, can't hit the lock button inside with the door open and then slam the door, like in previous cars.
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

When I was test driving these cars back in 2012. Two of them were demo cars. They both had the red Holden screen on start up and one had the rearview camera back up lines on the screen, but no camera installed. These were both in Ohio. I ended up with a 41 mile 9C3 out of Springfield, MO. It had the blue Chevy screen.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

SBRMD wrote:Yes, observed that with my door locks. Brought it up to the dealer, they said that is as designed....

So, have to use the fob to lock the car externally, can't hit the lock button inside with the door open and then slam the door, like in previous cars.
Right, I think they call this a "lockout prevention option" or some such. Helps deter you from locking the keys in the car. I'm not sure if my '11 9C3 has this or not! I'll check.

As for the radio, my car was manufactured in early 2011 and has the Chevy startup screen. I disabled it. I prefer it to boot up straight to the clock screen without the unnecessary and distracting Chevy splash animation. This can be done through the config settings, if you are a minimalist like me.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Yup we can fix that if you'd like, as well as the tuner offset etc :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6